Master of Arts in Public Relations - Online
Full Sail University
Winter Park, USA
Full time, Part time
USD 3,500 *
Earliest start date
* $921 per credit hour
The Public Relations master of arts degree program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of both traditional and new social tools and communication channels. Throughout the curriculum, you’ll explore the key ingredients of an effective PR media plan, explore concepts such as events marketing and consumer research, and learn how to develop credible relationships with influential voices throughout the social media world.
The Internet and new media channels have had a profound impact on the field of public relations. The rise of participatory media such as blogs, Twitter, and content-sharing sites has challenged the traditional ideal of who is a journalist – dramatically altering how publicists and PR professionals engage to share their stories. In addition to traditional news media, today’s PR professionals must also identify and develop credible and lasting relationships with influential voices throughout the social media world. Effective PR messages are informative, newsworthy, and interesting – but not to everyone and not all the time. Online PR professionals must compete with a broad spectrum of challenges and with a variety of social media participants, who all have their individual perspectives on public relations and Internet marketing strategies. The Public Relations Master of Arts degree program is designed to provide students with a practical working knowledge of traditional PR methods and a hands-on understanding of the latest new social tools, communication channels, technologies, trends, and best practices. The 12-month program is focused on developing new media PR professionals with a solid understanding of traditional PR tradecraft, digital media expertise, and technical skills.
Our degree programs are offered at a faster pace than traditional schools so that students adapt to the 24/7 nature of their industries. You’re learning more in a shorter period of time, and starting out on your professional path earlier.
- Public Relations in a Digital World - You will examine the dramatic impact of the Internet and a 24/7 media environment on the public relations process.
- Media Relations - You will consider who the journalist is in the digital space and how the traditional objective for a journalist has changed as a result of the Internet and participatory media.
- MDL501 Mastery: Personal Development and Leadership, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR510 Public Relations in a Digital World, 3.0 Credit Hours
- NMJ520 Writing for Interactive Media, 4.0 Credit Hours
- NMJ642 Legal Aspects of Media, 4.0 Credit Hours
- PBR540 Innovative Public Relations Tools and Resources, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR550 Social Media Metrics and ROI, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR560 Market and Consumer Research Analysis, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR610 Media Relations, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR620 Events Marketing and Production, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR650 Reputation Management Strategies, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR640 The Online Media Room, 3.0 Credit Hours
- PBR699 Public Relations Final Project and Thesis, 3.0 Credit Hours
Total Credit Hours: 38
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.