MS in Applied Health Informatics Fordham University
Online program launching Fall 2021 with a residency at Oxford University.
Learn how to design, develop and apply information systems in healthcare to deliver better patient outcomes and control costs. Applied Health Informatics creates new opportunities for treatment and drug therapies through the use of artificial intelligence, big data, and advanced analytics. Fordham University’s M.S. in Applied Health Informatics provides students with a sound theoretical base in health informatics, together with practical insight and experience that will equip them for a professional career in the field. Taught at Fordham’s London Centre, the program allows students to study online and receive a U.S. degree. The 36-credit program may be completed either full- or part-time; students can finish in as little as one year of full-time study.
- Applied, hands-on, practical, industry-driven approach that reflects the latest trends in health informatics;
- Prepares graduates for immediate employment and partners with industry leaders;
- Modern curriculum, including artificial intelligence, big data, advanced health analytics;
- Opportunity to study online for a U.S. master’s degree and pursue extra-curricular activities at the campus of Oxford University;
- 36-credit, online program taught live or asynchronously.
Why Pursue Applied Health Informatics?
The value of health informatics as an academic discipline has been reinforced in recent years as healthcare providers are coming under increasing pressure to control costs, while at the same time seeing new opportunities for treatment and drug therapies arising from the application of genomics, bioengineering, and artificial intelligence. In its strategic plan, the American Medical Informatics Association describes health informatics as “a full-fledged career path, and the key for realizing the current goals of healthcare reform,” and a 2018 article in the British Medical Journal highlights it as “a required skill for 21st-century clinicians.”
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.