Bachelor of Science in Education
Florida Christian University
3 - 4 years
USD 12,056 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Total Price
Bachelor of Science in Education – 126 credits
This program focuses on educational development and behavior. The program explores current education issues and trends in today’s private and public school environments and provides practical experience in classroom planning and creating lesson plans. This program will equip to develop innovative approaches to instructional practices and lesson planning the student will be given instruction on evaluating their own performance as an educator to improve their teaching effectiveness.
General Education Courses: 30 Credits
- BI1101 Introduction to Study of the Bible
- CH3013 Communication and Human Development
- CM2101 Composition I
- ED1109 Study Methods & Techniques
- MA4405 Introduction to Statistics
- PS1304 General Psychology
- PS4101 Introduction to Social Psychology
- SC2102 Philosophical Thinking
- SC3204 Biological Science
- TH3406 Anthropology
Education Courses: 78 Credits
- CC1408 Human and Spiritual Development Theory
- CC1521 Temperaments I
- CC2594 Career Development
- CH1010 Introductory Coaching
- CH2011 The Coaching Process
- CM2108 Effective Communication
- CM3105 Verbal Expression
- ED1101 Introduction to Education
- ED1520 Internship, Voluntary Services
- ED2103 Historical Foundations
- ED3130 Teaching Pre-School and Elementary Students
- ED3408 Curriculum Activities in Early Childhood
- ED3412 Pedagogy for Middle School Level of Education
- ED3432 Social and Emotional Development of Young
- ED3435 Classroom Learning Principles
- ED3501 Techniques and Theories of Education
- ED4407 Active Learning Techniques
- ED4433 Early Childhood Education Theory and Practice
- ED4435 Cultural & Family Systems
- ED4437 Communication for Educational Renewal
- ED4448 Education and the Law
- ED4450 Models of Teaching and Instructional Theory
- PS2102 Learning Modalities
- PS2103 Cognitive Behavioral Psychology
- PS3308 Problem of Learning
- PS4302 Educational Psychology
Electives (6) – 18 credits
The student completing a Bachelor Degree in Education will:
- Be prepared with fundamental knowledge and skills for executing the teaching-learning process.
- Understand management principles for education in private, and public sectors.
- Develop innovative approaches to instructional practices and lesson planning.
- Understand performance assessment test role in developing the student’s opportunities to learn.
- Be given instruction in evaluating their own performance as an educator to improve their teaching effectiveness.
- Be able to correctly use composition skills, grammar, and punctuation.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Enrollment Agreement filled and signed. If a student is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- Diplomas of previous studies.
- Official Transcripts of previous studies.
- Copy of official identification.
- Debit Authorization (if desired).
- A passport-type photo.
- Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
- Ministerial curriculum, copies of any certificate of courses took in related areas, and Ministry ordination, if they are older than 30 years and want to claim the credits for Life Experience.
Steps to Enroll
- Application: Complete the Enrollment Agreement sent by e-mail by the Student Services Department of FCU, sign and scan the document.
- Documents: Send the Enrollment Agreement to [email protected] attached with all the documents necessary or send them by mail.
- Evaluation: After receiving the Enrollment Agreement and the copies of the requested documents, verification will be made by the corresponding departments. FCU will contact the students if additional documents are required. Transcripts must be official and sent directly from the university in a sealed envelope.
- Payment: If the student completes the Agreement and submits all required information, the next step is to pay the $260 Application and Enrollment fee, which is applicable to any program. (Application $40 & Registration & Processing Fee $110.00 – are not refundable + USD $110.00 Evaluation – refundable).
- Enrollment: Should the student’s Agreement require additional analysis by the Institution, the student will be informed immediately. After being approved, the student will be effectively enrolled and will receive a welcome letter, the Catalog, and the Student Handbook. After that, the online student will receive an e-mail with information on how to access the Student’s Portal and the template to be used their assignments. On-campus students will receive their class schedule. The Student ID Card will be sent by mail. Now the student is ready to begin their classes!
Mode of Study
Three-Course Delivery Methods: Face-to-Face/Synchronous/Fully Online (Student's Portal).
4th Method for those who live near the headquarters or a branch of FCU: Hybrid.
Classes start immediately after enrollment, on an ongoing basis. For online courses, students take a minimum of (1) one online course a month. For on-campus courses, invitations are sent out and students confirm their presence a minimum of (2) two weeks prior to the course date.