Associate of Science in Education
Florida Christian University
USD 6,050 *
Earliest start date
* Total Price
Associate of Science in Education– 60 credits
Our Associate of Science in Education degree program focuses on educational development and behavior. The program explores current education issues and trends in today’s private and public school environments and provides practical experience in classroom planning and creating lesson plans.
General Education Courses: 15 Credits
- BI1101 Introduction to Study of the Bible
- CH3013 Communication and Human Development
- ED1109 Study Methods & Techniques
- PS1304 General Psychology
- TH3406 Anthropology
Education Courses: 36 Credits
- CC1408 Human and Spiritual Development Theory
- CC2594 Career Development
- CC1521 Temperaments I
- CH2011 The Coaching Process
- CM3105 Verbal Expression
- CM2108 Effective Communication
- CH1010 Introductory Coaching
- ED1101 Introduction to Education
- ED1520 Internship, Voluntary Services
- ED2103 Historical Foundations
- PS2102 Learning Modalities
- PS2103 Cognitive Behavioral Psychology
Electives (3): 9 Credits
The student completing the Associate Degree in Education will:
- Know learning theories and how to use them.
- Be aware of theories of human development including psychosocial, socio-cultural and faith development.
- Be able to correctly use composition skills, grammar, and punctuation.
- Be able to integrate philosophical, literary and historical knowledge into a Biblical worldview.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Enrollment Agreement filled and signed. If a student is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- Diplomas of previous studies.
- Official Transcripts of previous studies.
- Copy of official identification.
- Debit Authorization (if desired).
- A passport-type photo.
- Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
- Ministerial curriculum, copies of any certificate of courses took in related areas, and Ministry ordination, if they are older than 30 years and want to claim the credits for Life Experience.
Steps to Enroll
- Application: Complete the Enrollment Agreement sent by e-mail by the Student Services Department of FCU, sign and scan the document.
- Documents: Send the Enrollment Agreement to [email protected] attached with all the documents necessary or send them by mail.
- Evaluation: After receiving the Enrollment Agreement and the copies of the requested documents, verification will be made by the corresponding departments. FCU will contact the students if additional documents are required. Transcripts must be official and sent directly from the university in a sealed envelope.
- Payment: If the student completes the Agreement and submits all required information, the next step is to pay the $260 Application and Enrollment fee, which is applicable to any program. (Application $40 & Registration & Processing Fee $110.00 – are not refundable + USD $110.00 Evaluation – refundable).
- Enrollment: Should the student’s Agreement require additional analysis by the Institution, the student will be informed immediately. After being approved, the student will be effectively enrolled and will receive a welcome letter, the Catalog, and the Student Handbook. After that, the online student will receive an e-mail with information on how to access the Student’s Portal and the template to be used for their assignments. On-campus students will receive their class schedule. The Student ID Card will be sent by mail. Now the student is ready to begin their classes!
Mode of Study
Three-Course Delivery Methods: Face-to-Face/Synchronous/Fully Online (Student's Portal).
4th Method for those who live near the headquarters or a branch of FCU: Hybrid.
Classes start immediately after enrollment, on an ongoing basis. For online courses, students take a minimum of (1) one online course a month. For on-campus courses, invitations are sent out and students confirm their presence a minimum of (2) two weeks prior to the course date.