CIPD Intermediate Level 5 Certificate in Human Resource Management
Chartered Institute Of Personnel Development (CIPD) Online
UK Online, United Kingdom
GBP 2,662 / per course *
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
CIPD Training has exclusively partnered with AVADO to deliver a range of CIPD HR qualifications purely online.
Benefit from a cutting-edge programme that brings together the latest thinking from CIPD’s expert practitioners with the latest online learning tools and techniques from AVADO.
This intermediate level certificate is aimed at aspiring or existing HR Managers and/or those who have studied the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Personnel or HR Practice.
- Develop a good understanding of how HR fits into an organisation’s strategic objectives and how the use of HR data can improve business performance
- Gain experience in social and collaborative learning
- Join a pioneering programme providing you with cutting-edge CIPD content and world-class digital learning
- Apply your learning to work straight away
- Become more effective at work by adding real value to your HR function
- Benefit from support every step of the way from proactive industry leading experts
- Gain associate membership of the CIPD upon successful completion of this programme, allowing you to use the designation Assoc CIPD after your name to showcase your credentials
Suitability - who should attend?
This qualification is right for you if you’re:
- currently working in the field of HR management
- wishing to extend your knowledge and skills and further develop your career
- have responsibility for implementing HR policies and strategies
- an aspiring or existing HR Manager and/or have studied the CIPD Level 3 Certificate in HR Practice. This course provides a great bridge between the Foundation Level 3 and Advanced Level 7 CIPD courses
- looking to prove your credibility and become CIPD professional member - successful completion of this qualification automatically leads to Associate membership of the CIPD, the first level of professional membership
CIPD qualifications are internationally recognised, and our online programmes are applicable to HR professionals across the world in all sectors and organisations.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be awarded the CIPD Intermediate Level 5 Certificate in Human Resource Management. The qualification is accredited by the CIPD and is equivalent to QCF level 5.
On successful completion of the qualification, you will:
- understand the requirements of, and perform as, an effective and efficient, self-managing HR professional, a collaborative member of working groups and teams, and an added-value contributor to the organisation
- understand the purpose and key objectives of the HR function in contemporary organisations, including how HR objectives are delivered, how the HR function is evaluated and the role of ethics and professionalism in HR
- understand key labour market trends and their significance for different kinds of organisations and in different country contexts
- be able to manage recruitment, selection, dismissal, redundancy and retirement activities effectively and within the expectations of the law and good practice
- be able to undertake core talent planning activities, know how to maximise employee retention, and how to contribute to the development of resourcing strategies
- understand the business context of reward and the use of reward intelligence, including key reward principles, policies and practices, and the role of line managers in promoting a performance culture in reward decision making and driving sustained organisation performance
- understand the development and purpose of employment law, ensuring fair and lawful treatment at work, managing issues relating to pay and working time, performance, disciplinary matters and reorganisation and change
- know how to identify and scrutinise appropriate HR data sources enabling you to conduct small-scale research and analyse the findings, drawing meaningful conclusions and evaluate options for change
- know how to deliver clear, business-focused reports on an HR issue
About the CIPD
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. Through our expertise and research, we provide a valuable point of view on the rapidly changing world of work. And for our members we’re the career partner of choice, setting professional standards and providing the know-how to drive the HR and L&D professions forward. We’re independent and not-for-profit and hold a highly respected Royal Charter. We exist to make work and working lives better. And at a time of unprecedented change, we have the vision, agility and strength to make a real difference to our members, to businesses, to the economy and to all working people.
We will pass your details to selected CIPD qualification providers who deliver CIPD Online Qualifications so they can contact you about the programme.