Dual MSW/MPA Option
Aurora University Online
4 - 5 years
Full time, Part time
USD 618 / per credit
Earliest start date
Prepare for careers at the intersection of social work and public administration with the online Dual MSW/MPA Option degree from Aurora University. Because the MSW curriculum is the foundation of this program, you will gain a solid background in generalist social work practice and fieldwork as you develop specialized skills for careers in public administration, nonprofit management, and more. This dual program is designed for the efficient completion of two graduate degrees, preparing you to make a positive impact in your community.
Instructors in the MSW/MPA program use open education resources (OER) in place of traditional textbooks for some courses. This means digital, openly licensed content is available free of charge to students.
Begin your journey today with our premier-clinical, CSWE-accredited social work program.
Aurora University’s online MSW/MPA dual degree program provides you with a comprehensive graduate education that combines in-depth social work-study with advanced public administration coursework. Each class is taught by expert faculty members with extensive real-world experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university (minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale). Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The undergraduate curriculum must include three semester hours in statistics, research, and physical assessment.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement. Your personal statement should be a typed, double-spaced narrative of two to three pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. Please address the following in your statement:
- Why have you chosen to pursue an MSW/MPA degree, and what are your professional aspirations?
- Why have you chosen Aurora University to pursue your MSW/MPA?
- If your GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, were there extenuating circumstances that affected your past academic performance? Please explain.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Clinical social work
- Nonprofit leadership
- City manager
- Urban and regional planning
- Community leader
- Social service director
- Research analyst