Master of Science - Aerospace Engineering - Online
Auburn University - College of Engineering
2 - 6 years
Full time, Part time
USD 949 / per credit
Earliest start date
- Auburn Engineering Online Graduate Programs ranked 17th by U.S. News and World Report (2022)
- Courses delivered by streaming video
Why this degree?
The Department of Aerospace Engineering offers both a thesis and non-thesis Master of Science, which provide students an opportunity to sharpen their skills in aerospace system design, development, manufacturing, maintenance, and operation. Those who earn the degree will have a competitive advantage among industry and government employers.
What can you expect?
Once admitted into Auburn Engineering's graduate program, you will work with the graduate program officer to create a plan of study.
Who is eligible?
- Those who hold a bachelor's degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering or equivalent from an institute of recognized standing (transcripts required) are eligible.
- Applicants with degrees in other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines are encouraged to apply and may be required to complete undergraduate aerospace engineering courses before official admission into the graduate program.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0, and 3.4-plus is considered more competitive.
- In general, GRE scores of 160-plus for quantitative reasoning and 150-plus for verbal reasoning are considered competitive.
- Three letters of recommendation are also required.
Online students may choose the non-thesis option, except with special permission from the department to complete a thesis.
Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate (6000 and above)-level course work that must include 18 credit hours of courses such as the following:
- AERO 6330 Applied Orbital Mechanics 3 hours
- AERO 6520 Rocket Propulsion 3 hours
- AERO 6530 Space Propulsion 3 hours
- AERO 6620 Dynamic Simulation 3 hours
- AERO 6630 Aerospace Applications of Composite Materials 4 hours
- AERO 6750 Legal Aspects of Engineering Practice 3 hours
- AERO 7100 Advanced Supersonic Aerodynamics 3 hours
- AERO 7120 Dynamics of Viscous Fluids I 3 hours
- AERO 7130 Dynamics of Viscous Fluids I 3 hours
- AERO 7200 Dynamics of Flight 3 hours
- AERO 7210 Flight Dynamics of Hypervelocity Vehicles 3 hours
- AERO 7220 Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics and Control 3 hours
- AERO 7330 Orbit Determination 3 hours
- AERO 7370 Fundamentals of the Global Positioning System 3 hours
- AERO 7510 Thrust Generation 3 hours
- AERO 7520 Advanced Airbreathing Propulsion 3 hours
- AERO 7530 Aereothermochemistry of Propulsion 3 hours
- AERO 7620 Aerospace Computational Structural Analysis: Static Structures 3 hours
- AERO 7630 Aerospace Computational Structural Analysis: Structural Dynamics 3 hours
- AERO 7660 Aeroelasticity 3 hours
- AERO 7670 Introduction to Large Space Structures 3 hours
- AERO 7890 Aerospace Engineering Project 3 hours
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.