MA Film Making Arts University Bournemouth Online
Our online MA Film Practice will empower you with the creative knowledge and skills you need to firmly establish yourself as a highly-skilled and successful filmmaker.
Study at your own pace with our part-time online filmmaking course while you master what it takes to produce films that inspire, challenge, and engage audiences.
Delivered by acclaimed filmmakers, our MA Film Practice will challenge you to think outside of the box and push your creative limits, unleashing your potential as a professional filmmaker.
Why study Film Practice with Arts University Bournemouth (AUB)?
- Build and enhance your showreel as you master new and experimental filmmaking skills and techniques
- Access valuable perspectives and insights, as well as ongoing guidance and mentorship, from acclaimed filmmakers
- Study a flexible online MA Practice – anytime, anywhere – while you continue working and earning a full-time income
- Fast-track your career in filmmaking with an internationally-recognised MA Film Practice
- Positioning Practice (15 credits)
- Modes of Making (15 credits)
- Film Aesthetics (15 credits)
- Encountering Performance (15 credits)
- Co-lab (15 credits)
- Constructing Narrative (15 credits)
- Film Industries (15 credits)
- Cinematic Voices (15 credits)
- Thesis Film Proposal (15 credits)
- Thesis Film Production (45 credits)
This online MA Film Practice has been designed to equip you with the specialist skills, knowledge, and expertise you need to thrive as a filmmaker – fast-tracking your filmmaking career and boosting your employability.
Once you complete this MA Film Practice course, you’ll be able to:
- Harness new and experimental ways of thinking and techniques and apply them in your approach to filmmaking
- Forge your own unique voice in the world of filmmaking and master your understanding of filmmaking as a discipline
Once you graduate from AUB’s MA Film Practice, you’ll have the expert skills and knowledge you need to firmly position yourself as a highly-skilled and confident filmmaker, ready to take the next step in your filmmaking career.
Some of the roles you’ll be qualified to work in include:
- Artist filmmaker
- Documentary filmmaker
- Independent filmmaker
- Producer/production coordinator
- Freelance film industry roles (e.g. assistant director, editor, sound designer, cinematographer, etc.)
- Film researcher
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.