Safer Recruitment (Free Online Course With Certificate)
Alison Free Online Learning
1 - 3 hour
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free course
This course will teach you the importance of safe recruitment for people who want to work with vulnerable children and adults. It will help you recognise the risks to vulnerable groups when the wrong people are hired or allowed to work as volunteers. You will become familiar with the procedures and protocols needed to ensure that mistakes are not made when hiring people for regulated activities who work directly with children or adults.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Diploma is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Diploma: a downloadable Diploma in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma, posted to you with FREE shipping.
- Framed Diploma: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course on safer recruiting explores the nature and purpose of implementing sound practices to make certain that institutions and organisations implement safer recruiting strategies, such as schools and social groups. Would you like to know how to guide and advise your colleagues on this process? This course will help you gain valuable skills to provide suitable approaches, increasing your value as an employee. We discuss the types of situations that could arise when you do not implement ‘safer recruiting’ techniques. Next, we will look at the importance of selecting qualified employees to work with vulnerable children and adults with impeccable ethical and moral standards.
The course will then explain the United Kingdom’s ‘Safe Recruitment Policy’, which outlines the organisation's commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and ensuring their security. We discuss the importance of developing safe recruitment procedures to ensure that you employ staff and volunteers fairly. Learn the importance of verification procedures, such as checking references, criminal records, self-reporting, conducting a risk assessment and handling confidential information. Discover how to make a criminal background check and the differences in procedures in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Do you know the importance of onboarding your employees to create a culture of security and professionalism? We will help you bring a broader range of expertise to your organisation, including the ability to obtain valuable training programmes to support new employees. We will look at the onboarding process, employee training and education and the content of the various levels of training.
The final section will examine the resources and regulations provided by the government to guide you through safer recruitment and ensure the protection of vulnerable groups. Do you know the different aspects of protecting individuals when volunteers are occasionally involved? We will help you understand the role of appointing occasional volunteers and learn how to create policies when enlisting them. This course is ideal for human resources and recruitment professionals who want to update their knowledge for a safer recruitment process. So why wait? Start learning today.
Principles of Safe Recruitment
In this module, we will learn what safer recruitment is and why it is necessary. We will explore how you can implement policies and procedures for safer recruitment. Then we will explore some important topics, such as safer volunteer recruitment practises, including induction and training programmes.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Explain the meaning of safe recruitment and its requirements.
- Summarise the risks to children and adults if safer recruitment principles are not applied.
- Outline safe recruiting policies and procedures.
- Discuss the process of writing and implementing safe recruiting policies.
- Summarise the criminal checks and procedural differences in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
- Explain the procedures for vetting and the implications of barring checks.
- Outline the importance of onboarding your staff to create a culture of safety and professionalism.
- Describe the various aspects of safeguarding people at risk when volunteers are involved.
- Summarise different types of legislation and guidelines that protect children and adults at risk.
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Employers tend to enlist Personnel Recruiters when they are unable to find the right person to fill a role on their own. Enterprising recruiters source, find, message, vet, recruit and network with new employees who are capable and have room to grow.