Retail Management - Merchandising, Distribution and Marketing (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This course teaches you about essential but non-obvious facets of the retail industry, including marketing, merchandising and distribution. We show you techniques to rack up impressive sales in a retail environment, from savvy pricing that increases foot traffic to effective in-store marketing. Whether you run your own small business or work for a large company, this course in retail management can boost your sales skills and career.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course introduces you to retail merchandising. We discuss the different ways to determine price points and examine the manufacturer-suggested retail price (MSRP). We then study visual merchandising and the principles of display design, which are essential to attract customers. We also explore the flow of goods and services.
We define ‘retail marketing’ and study its ‘4 Ps’: product, price, place and promotion. The course describes the ‘linear communication’ model and outlines the four important characteristics of retail communication tools. We study merchandise planning, inventory management and assortment planning to help you calculate how much stock to buy.
A solid understanding of retail merchandising and marketing will attract customers to your store. This course guides you through the proven principles and practices that can boost sales and your brand. Whether you are a business owner or manage a retail store, this course can launch you to new heights so sign up to invest in your future.
Merchandising and Distribution
In this module, learn about retail merchandising and what it entails. Then, learn how retailers can determine the price of an item. Next, learn about visual merchandising, how it can affect sales and the principles of design. Lastly, learn about the flow of goods and services from production to sale.
In this module, learn about the meaning of retail marketing and what it entails. Learn about the retail marketing mix, or the 4 P’s. Furthermore, learn about communication in retail. Lastly, learn about merchandise planning and how retailers can calculate how much stock to buy.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Define and describe ‘retail merchandising’
- Explain how visual merchandising can affect sales
- Outline the principles of design
- Design an effective display
- Explain the channels of distribution
- Define and describe the ‘4 Ps’
- Discuss product mixes, lines and individual products
- Break down the ‘linear communication’ model
- Outline the four important characteristics of communication tools
- Explain the calculation for ‘open-to-buy’ planning
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Store Manager
- Retail Salesperson
- Retail Buyer
- Procurement Specialist
- Custom Tailor
- Loan Processor
- Franchise Owner
- Fashion Designer