ISO 20000 - Principles of IT Service Management System (ITSM) - Free Online Course With Certificate
Alison Free Online Learning
1 - 3 hour
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
* free online course
This free online ISO/IEC 20000 course explains Information Technology Service Management fundamentals in practical terms. You will learn the ISO/IEC 20000 standards included in the series, the objectives of a Service Management System, details behind ITSM operations, ISO 20000:2018, ISO 20000-1 certification process and its equivalence with ITIL, to enable you to correctly implement and enforce it in your organization.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This free online course on ISO/IEC 20000 is specifically designed to meet the needs of anyone in organizational service management, and the ISO/IEC 20000 series is acknowledged as the novel series of international standards for the service management system (SMS), which specifies the needs and requirements for the service provider to plan, develop, implement, work, monitor, review, maintain, and enhance an information technology SMS. It also includes some guidelines for the implementation and conceptualization of ideas related to service management and this ISO 20000 certification is compatible with the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), which shows the 'how' part of the implementation of the service management system.
This course on ISO 20000 includes training material, organized learning outcomes for each module, and covers fundamental knowledge of the ISO 20000 – ITSM. The structure and the changes in the ISO 20000-1 auditable international standard for ITSMS (IT Service management system) are covered as well as the various clauses, starting from the organization’s context, the role of leadership in ITSM, planning and support functions within the ITSM, operating the ITSM, monitoring, measurement, analysis, internal audits, and management reviews. You will be able to outline the purpose and content included in the ISO 20000 series and some of the changes that have been made to the standard over the years. You will learn the structure and requirements for the ISO/IEC 20000 and how your organization can become certified.
The course is aimed at those accountable for complying with management system audit requirements, including those in departmental management, front desk engineering, service management representation and related departments that deal with and implement ISO standards.
Fundamentals of Information Technology Service Management System
This module will introduce you to the ISO/IEC 20000 series and ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard. You will learn the multiple contents of the ISO/IEC 20000 series. Get introduced to the objective of a Service Management System (SMS). Moreover, You will learn the roles and processes of IT Service Management and the organizational benefits of ITSM policies. Furthermore, you will specify differences between the previous and revised version of ISO 20000. Lastly, ISO 20000:2018 requirements are explained.
Operations of IT Service Management System
In this module, ISO 20000:2018 clauses are explained. The operations of service management start with a planning phase which includes analyzing the organization's context, planning for the service management system, providing the support functions to operate the ITSMS, and then going towards the actual operations. Then we also need to evaluate the performance of the system to identify lapses for improvement. Finally, the module covers the relationship of ITIL with the standard.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- State the purpose of ISO/IEC 20000 Standard
- List and outline the contents of the standard series
- Describe a Service Management System (SMS)
- State the benefits and roles in an IT service management (ITSM)
- Discuss the benefits that a business can achieve if they adopt ITSM policies, procedures, and processes
- Summarize the main changes in the ISO 20000:2018 standard
- Discuss the structure and requirements of the standard
- State the steps for a company to get ISO 20000 certified
- Describe the differences between ISO 20000-1 and ITIL
- Outline how ITIL and ISO 20000-1 work together
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- IT Specialist