Introduction to the Electrical Trade - Revised (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This course teaches you everything you need to know to do electrical work on residential, commercial and industrial projects. We all depend on an uninterrupted supply of electrical power in our daily lives so skilled electricians are highly valued professionals. This course lays out the theory behind electricity to explain the practices and procedures you will employ on the job so sign up to gain a valuable new skill and boost your career.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course introduces you to the most common occupational hazards that electricians face, including electric burns and shock. We examine the risks involved when working with tools, equipment, batteries and ladders, which apply around overhead equipment and in confined spaces - even more so in the absence of precautionary measures. We then establish the importance of wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
The course explains how electrical circuits work and discusses voltage sources, source loads, volt-ohm-milliammeters and conductors. We outline the roles of voltage, current and resistance in electrical systems. We delve into electrical theory and study electric charge to explain the movement or flow of electrons in a circuit. The course also covers fundamental electrical concepts like Ohm's and Kirchhoff's Law and compares series and parallel circuits.
Every electrician needs a toolkit of knowledge and skills, whether they work on residential, commercial or industrial projects. They also require strong troubleshooting skills and observing safe electrical practices. We provide all this in this training course that teaches you everything you need to get your career in the electrical trade-off to a great start. Sign up to learn a new trade that everybody needs and values.
The Electrical Trade
In this module, you will be introduced to the electrical trade. You will learn about various terms associated with the electrical trade and be able to describe the significance of the electrical trade in today's times.
This module will teach you about electrical safety. You will learn about the hazards of working with electric power and the different types of electric burns.
In this module, you will learn about electrical circuits and how electricity works in them. You will learn about the reaction and involvement of atoms in electric circuits. This module will also teach you about Ohm's law.
This module teaches you about the theoretical aspects of the electrical trade. You will become knowledgeable on the differences between series and parallel circuits and be able to explain Kirchhoff's law.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Outline the basics of electrical wiring systems
- Identify the job requirements of the electrical trade
- Describe the effects of an electric shock
- List the safety standards and requirements specified by the
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) in the United States
- Explain the ‘lockout’ or ‘tagout’ rule and when it should be used
- Lay out the safety rules to apply when working with ladders, overhead equipment, tools and hazardous materials
- Describe electrical power, charge and current
- Define Ohm's and Kirchhoff's laws for voltage
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Electrical Engineer
- Lighting Technician