Introduction to Plumbing (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
Alison's free online Introduction to Plumbing course teaches the skills you need to kick off your plumbing career. Can you imagine living without access to a water supply and basic sanitation systems? Plumbers and professionals working in the plumbing industry make sure that our plumbing needs are always met. With this course, you will learn about the installation of pipes and plumbing fixtures, the maintenance of drainage, and more.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
First, you will receive an overview of the modern plumbing profession. You will also study the history of plumbing and go through the advancements it has made in recent times. Next, you will learn the various terms associated with plumbing, the most important plumbing tools, and the typical skill set of a plumber. The course will also teach you the three main phases of a plumbing project, namely the underground rough-in phase, the above-ground rough-in phase, and the finishing phase.
Next, you will learn how to keep yourself safe on the job by studying plumbing safety and the terms associated with it. The course will then teach you the main personal protective equipment used by plumbers on a job site as well as the safety signs in the workplace. You will also learn the basic tool safety practices that plumbers should adopt. Finally, you will study the dangers and safety measures associated with working in trenches, confined spaces, and the underground.
Plumbers will always be in great demand as plumbing repairs and maintenance needs are inevitable. This free online plumbing course will therefore give you valuable knowledge to last a lifetime, whether you want to fix something around your own house or become a construction professional. So check out the course today, and in a few short hours gain a great skill and possibly kick off a new and profitable career.
The Plumbing Profession
In this module, you will learn more about plumbing as a profession and all the required skills needed to be successful as a plumber. You will also learn about the three phases of a plumbing project and plumbing maintenance.
In this module, you will learn about the importance of safety practices, identify unsafe conditions, steps to perform positive and negative fit checks for respirators and list various items that are associated with plumbing safety.
In this module, you will learn about the responsibilities of plumbers with regard to hazard communication. You will also learn the importance of signs, tags, and colour codes in the workplace and distinguish between the various signs - danger, caution, informational, and safety.
Tool Safety and Environment
In this module, you will learn about basic tool safety practices. You will also learn about trenching, trenching safety procedures, lockout / Tagout (LOTO) rules, working in confined spaces and general response to emergency situations.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Recognize the importance of plumbing as a profession
- Describe what is meant by plumbing and the skills of a plumber
- Summarize the history of plumbing and the advancement made through the ages
- Identify the various personal protective equipment used by plumbers on a job site
- Distinguish between the many safety signs found in the workplace
- Discuss the dangers and safety measures associated with working in trenches, confined spaces, and underground
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course: