English Grammar and Vocabulary - Discussing Work (Advanced Level) - (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online English language course will teach you about the grammar and vocabulary used when Discussing Work. This course will teach you about discussing a range of work-related topics as well as important verbs, collocations, phrasal verbs, linking words, and expressions used when doing so. You will also learn about the correct application of gerunds and infinitives, which can help you to enhance your English sentence structure.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course will first teach you work-related vocabulary and phrases such as a high-pressure job' and 'deadlines'. You will also learn idioms like 'work around the clock' and 'get down to business'. You will then study how to use the gerund after certain verbs and prepositions, how to use the 'infinitive + to' after certain English verbs, and how to use the gerund after certain English expressions with 'it' or 'there'.
You will then study the different uses and forms of the infinitive verb. This will include the correct usage of 'although', 'though', 'despite the fact that', 'in spite of the fact', 'even though', and 'even if' as well as 'while' and 'whilst' (which have the same meaning). The course will then teach you the meanings of phrasal verbs such as 'to lay someone off', ' to meet up', and 'to step down'.
By learning the common English vocabulary and phrases relating to the workplace you can get one big step closer to gaining mastery of the English language. By taking this course, you will gain a much clearer understanding of English business vocabulary and important English grammar, which will help you to feel much more confident in your professional life. So why wait? Boost your English skills, today!
Presentations, listening practice and assessment questions designed to increase your knowledge of the topics.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Explain the differences between 'even though', 'even if', 'though' and 'although'
- Demonstrate the correct use of phrasal verbs for certain situations
- Justify the use of gerunds and infinitives after certain expressions
- Show the meaning of adjectives used to describe work
- Analyse the most appropriate work-related idioms for certain situations
- Practice the use of gerunds and infinitives after question words and expressions with quantifiers
- Review the use of work-related collocations
- State verbs after which we use the infinitive with 'to' and verbs after which we use 'the gerund'
- Describe instances where linking words can express contrast with no change in meaning
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Copy Editor