English for Tourism - Hotel Reception and Front Desk (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This free online English Language course will teach you English language skills for use in hotel receptions and front desks. The hotel industry is one of the biggest in the world, employing tens of millions of people globally. This online course will teach you the essential English language skills required to work in a hotel, starting from how to answer general hotel inquiries, to outlining a hotel's check-in and check-out procedures.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 1.5-3 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
Hotel check-ins and check-outs are extremely important responsibilities for hotel receptionists, as they are the guests’ first and last interaction with hotel staff. This free online English course first teaches the steps involved in checking a guest into a hotel. You will learn how to greet guests, make confirmations, and ask for personal identification and payment. You will also learn how to provide room keys, and room numbers, give room directions and how offer help with the bags.
Furthermore, you will learn about the steps involved in checking a guest out of a hotel. You will be learning how to make the proper greetings, take the room number, and check customer satisfaction. You will then learn how to properly present the bill, ask the guest to sign it and identify the payment type. The course will also teach you how to bid the guest farewell. Very importantly, you will learn how to resolve complaints that guests make about the hotel staff and the service.
English is the main language of international communication and is essential for people working in the tourism and hotel industry. Upon the completion of this online course, you will learn the English vocabulary necessary for working at a hotel reception or front desk. Enrol in this online course today and improve your knowledge of English for hotel receptionists and front desk workers.
English For Tourism: Hotel Reception And Front Desk
Learn more about English language skills for hotel reception and front desk work from handling inquiries, making reservations, check-in in, check-out, and resolving customer complaints.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Effectively provide potential hotel guests with information during enquiries
- Make a hotel reservation for guests utilizing the correct English vocabulary and terminology
- Check guests in and out of hotels in the correct sequence
- Use the correct English language phrases for check-in and check-out
- Examine customer complaints with helpful and non-offensive English language phrases
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Front Desk Agent
- Travel Blogger