Diesel Engine Cycles, Maintenance, & Control (Free Online Course With Certificate) Alison Free Online Learning
This course follows our ‘diesel engine basics’ course and covers cycles, maintenance, performance and electronic control. We study the difference between the 4-stroke and 2-stroke engine cycles, diesel engine maintenance tips, the fuel injection system, air filter, fuel filter and thermodynamic cycles. We also explain how the centrifugal and electrical-hydraulic governors in diesel engines work. This course suits aspiring engineers and mechanics.
This is a free online course with a certificate. Interested? Simply click the button and start today.
This Free Online Course Includes:
- 3-4 Hours of Learning
- CPD Accreditation
- Final Assessment
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison Certificate is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles, and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital Certificate: a downloadable Certificate in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with free shipping.
- Framed Certificate: a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with free shipping.
Scholarships and Funding
As we are an online platform, we do not offer degrees or scholarships.
This course builds on its introductory predecessor and is suitable for anyone who already has some diesel engine, diesel fuel or automotive engineering knowledge.
The reciprocating piston engine is without a doubt the most influential machine ever invented. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionized the way we live, work and travel. This course examines this amazing machine and explains the 2-stroke and 4-stroke cycles in detail. We then cover the starting circuit, diesel engine control and diesel engine maintenance strategies to show you how to protect them.
We employ interactive 3D models to illustrate each individual engine component as we explain how these components work together to complete their work. Sign up to take your knowledge of combustion engines to the next level with our advanced diesel engine course. Engineers and mechanics should be familiar with the internal workings of these important machines.
Diesel Engine Cycles, Maintenance, & Control
In this module, you will learn about the 2-stroke and 4-stroke cycles in detail, engine maintenance strategies, how engine control works, starting circuits, and how to protect a diesel engine.
What You Will Learn In This Free Course
- Differentiate between the 4-Stroke and 2-Stroke cycles
- Describe diesel engine maintenance strategies
- Explain thermodynamic cycles (Otto, Brayton and Diesel)
- Establish the importance of engine protection and how to protect a diesel engine using temperature, pressure, flow and level measurements
- Lay out the starting circuit associated with the diesel engine
- List the components that provide engine control
Complete This CPD Accredited Course & Get Your Certificate!
Certify Your Skills
A CPD-accredited Alison Diploma/Certificate certifies the skills you’ve learned.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Add your Alison Certification to your resume and stay ahead of the competition.
Advance in Your Career
Share your Alison Certification with potential employers to show off your skills and capabilities.
Careers related to this course:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Maintenance Worker
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Industrial Machinery Mechanic