MSc Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy AIHE Academic Institute for Higher Education GmbH
MSc Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy
- Master of Science MSc Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy in just 1 year
- Starting in January, May and September
- Also possible without a first degree (without bachelor)
- Ideal for integration into professional and private life
- 100% online, no attendance required
- High degree of flexibility and freedom in terms of time
- Free time management
- Enrolment at partner universities
- Degree awarded by partner universities
- 100 interdisciplinary live online lectures per year as a bonus
- Accredited and certified
- Focus on practival relevance
The master’s program is designed for people who work in the treatment and healing of people and wish to understand and learn about the possibilities of body therapy with its most up-to-date procedures and methods worldwide.
Our target group
- Physical therapists
- Art therapists
- Music therapists
- Sport psychologists
- or those outside these professions
Overview of the teaching concept
In contrast to a study program with attendance or complete self-study (also: individual study), guided self-study specifies the learning content. As with individual study, teachers are not present, and the time and place of study can be freely chosen. The guided self-study, however, offers you a given thematic and temporal framework and concrete tasks, which are carried out in a self-determined learning process, but which have to be mastered in certain periods of time and in certain forms of learning and working. In addition, teachers and tutors are available to you as contact persons and to support the structuring of guided self-study. The teachers and tutors enable you to structure learning material independently in several ways, compile suitable information, and use it for the respective requirements of your studies.
The MSc Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy from the University of East London and AIHE GmbH offer you a structured framework for a self-determined learning process. In order to achieve this, comprehensive teaching material and literature, as well as study papers, are made available in the “virtual tutorial” on a learning platform (more detailed description under „virtual tutorial“). In addition, there is thematic and methodological support from tutors, which can be used independent of time and place using common communication media.
Main program focus
The content and structure of the master’s program support an evidence-based understanding of Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy. Starting from the introduction to the fundamentals of the program, Body Psychology, and Body Psychotherapy contents and competencies are systematically imparted, whereby successive modules aim to analytically tie in with the knowledge acquired in the previous module so that they can be integrated for the understanding of the following module.
Depending on professional requirements and areas of responsibility, students develop a sound theoretical basis and associated skills in the field of Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy.
Training focus of the master's program
The content of the one-year master’s program is based on the following five focal points:
Research Methods, Scientific Work, and Introduction to Body Psychology and Body Psychotherapy
- Scientific work, APA 7 & research methods
- Introduction to Body Psychology
- Introduction to Body Psychotherapy
Physiology of Body Psychology
- Foundations of human physiology and the Central Nervous System
- Foundations of Neurology
- Developmental and Cognitive Psychology
Shock and Trauma and their effect on the body
- Foundations of shock and trauma
- Psychological impacts of trauma
- Neurological impacts of trauma
Body Psychotherapy methods
- Foundations of Body Psychotherapy
- Theoretical models of therapy
- Implementation of body psychotherapeutic methods
- Written master's dissertation
*Under reservation, still in the accreditation process. Small changes are possible.