The course is taught in two parts:
- Part A includes 5 modules studied online by distance learning and assessed by 5 written assignments. ( 3000 – 4000 words each)
- Part B requires students to obtain a suitable placement to complete their practical classroom training. A placement can be in a school, college or community group. There must be a mentor at the placement who is able to support and verify the students work.
The course prepares students to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice, on successful completion of this course students will be able to plan and develop schemes of work, develop teaching and learning strategies and effectively teach in public/private schools, colleges and universities in many countries all over the world.
The fee for enroling onto the Level 5 course is £1500.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Interest-Free Monthly Installments
- Western Union
The cost includes:
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments.
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £19.90
- FREE laptop
- Free CV writing help on completion of the course
Who is this course for?
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in schools (State/Academies) further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within the public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Wider Professional Practice
- Understanding and Managing Behaviour in a Learning EnvironmentPart A is assessed by way of assignments.
- Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area
- Evaluating Learning Programmes
- Managing Learning and Development in Groups
- Inclusive Practice
Part B is assessed by classroom observations, Portfolio, Video Evidence and classroom Feedback reviews.
This level 5 qualification will enable students to teach in the post 16 tertiary education sector of colleges and community schools. The route to teaching in the state school sector using this level 5 qualification is through membership of the Society of Education & Training (SET).
To be eligible for SET membership students are required to have completed their Initial Teacher Training (ITT). ITT involves successful completion of a Level 5 Teacher Training Course, assuming candidates have already completed a Level 2 (GCSE) Maths and English or equivalent. Completion of the courses provides students with their Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) which is equivalent to the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and sufficient to teach in state schools, as well as Further Education.
Students may wish to contact SET direct for further clarification of their requirements.
About the School
Affordable study programmes with exclusive online modules fast-tracking learners to a University qualification. Whether you are looking to enhance your skills, improve your team or pursue a profession ... Read More