This flexible distance learning course is available to learners aged 16+ who are interested in working within a school as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant or learning support assistant in key stage 1 or above. The aims of the level 3 certificate course are to enable students to understand the roles and responsibilities to those involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools and provides an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to do this effectively in a self-directed way.
Fully recognised and accepted by OFSTED, this course prepares students to support the teacher and the delivery of curriculum within a school as well as developing skills to help children and young people aged 6-19 years to develop self-esteem, independence and skills for learning. It seeks to further develop professional and technical skills and knowledge and an understanding of the importance of positive relationships within a school.
Tutorial support by telephone is provided on this course.
Placement in reception class or above required for duration of course (Approx 1 Year)
- Qualification: Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 3
- Awarding Body: NCFE
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 180 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 32
- Understand children and young people development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support children and young peoples safety
- Engage in personal development in young peoples settings
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young peoples positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations.
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 years or above.
- Have a confirmed placement for the duration of the whole course in reception class or above.
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language.
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course.
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
Note: School placements are not arranged by UK Open College. Students should have a confirmed placement prior to enrolment in an Ofsted registered school (International schools should follow the English curriculum). Please do not enrol unless your placement is confirmed. If you enrol without this requirement you do so at your own risk. Uk Open College will not be held responsible if you do not have a placement or your offer of placement is withdrawn.
CRB check: This is normally carried out by the school where you have arranged your placement. UK Open College does not arrange CRB checks on behalf of students.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 180. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
This course is supplied in paper format and will be delivered directly to your chosen address. Students are able to complete their course assignments using a word processing programme and email them direct to the tutor. Once received tutors will reply to you directly. We do not accept course assignments via post.
Students can normally expect to receive delivery of their course materials via courier within 3 working days of enrolment being received. However, we would ask you to allow 7 working days.
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More