Scientific praxis is not only the subject's approach to the object being investigated, but also the socialization -written, digital or printed- of the acquired information, which corroborates scientific rigor and truthfulness in its studies, based on the performance researcher's ethics. Therefore, writing and correcting are two actions intrinsically dependent on one another to produce meaningful knowledge. Within the research competence, the need to develop various linguistic-stylistic skills (orthotopic, orthographic, grammatical and text style) is defined, which require the quality and effectiveness of the writing, and its feasibility for socialization.
However, the use of computing allows the incorporation of digitization, which becomes a revolutionary alternative for the production of texts. These knowledge and skills must be mastered for proper writing and correction in scientific style; because they are the ones who shape and validate the research results that they wish to transmit.
In this sense, the program Style for Writing and Scientific Correction develops in the participants communicative competences for the writing and scientific correction, from the use of the stylistic aspects of the APA standard in its sixth edition, the most updated experience of the scientific field and the correct use of orthotypography in the language. Learning that guarantees the publication of the text in magazines, books, brochures or digital pages, from the visual and the transmission of knowledge.
Develop linguo-stylistic and pragmatic skills for scientific communication written in the academic and professional field, with emphasis on the APA standard and its adaptation to the Spanish language, for a successful socialization of knowledge.
- Analyze the scientific language as an indispensable communication tool in the writing and correction of text style in the academic and professional field.
- Identify the stylistic aspects of the APA standard in its most up-to-date version for the effective production of scientific knowledge.
- Conceive the text (eg the article) as a systemic unit from the pragmatic point of view, which allows the feasibility of the written scientific communication that is transmitted.
Who is it for?
- Students of university and postgraduate education, who will strengthen their learning in writing and scientific correction, based on the use of the APA style standard in its most up-to-date version.
- Teachers and researchers of any specialty, since the course contributes to the development of written scientific communication skills, based on the use of the APA style norm and its influence on the pragmatics of the text (eg the article).
- Editors of printed or digital mass media, because it offers them useful tools for scientific writing applicable to other modalities of texts, from the use of the APA standard and the production of knowledge.
- Advisors of scientific and academic texts of any specialty, because the course offers them an indispensable knowledge, theoretical and practical, to perform an efficient praxis both in the writing and in the correction of style.
Next, the structured academic program is exposed by modules and classes that we are going to be addressing in the present course.
- Module 1. Written scientific communication
- Module 2. Modes of quoting, annotating and referring a text
- Module 3. Construction of bibliographic entries
- Module 4. Other elements of style
The graduate of the Style program for writing and scientific correction has competences to:
- Recognize the characteristics of scientific language and its possible errata for an effective socialization of information.
- Recognize the use of abbreviations, Latin locutions, acronyms and symbols in the writing and scientific correction.
- Recognize the structuring of the article as a scientific publication.
- Recognize the ethical conduct of the researcher in the construction and socialization of information and copyright.
- Identify the modes of citation of texts in scientific writing and the multiple adjustments of the information that is constructed.
- Recognize the modes of annotation and bibliographic reference, according to the types of scientific texts that are written.
- Determine the stylistic aspects for the construction of bibliographic entries that reflect the opportune information to validate the knowledge that is transmitted.
- Identify the elements of adaptation of the APA standard to the most updated of the Spanish orthography.
- Design the format of a page in Microsoft Word according to the APA style standard for a higher quality of the text produced.
- Recognize the particularities of the tables, graphs and images as support for the written text and the orthotypographic elements that concern them.
- Build different types of indexes, according to the scientific text that is developed.
To guarantee the quality of the programs, the student is constantly evaluated through different methods.
Discussion forums: These are debates on current issues that promote research, interpretation and, in some cases, proposals for solutions.
Test of evaluation: It is a form of continuous assessment of learning that can be presented in the form of multiple choice questions, true or false, complete ideas, organize chronologically, among others. They are carried out systematically, in some cases so that the student self-regulates their learning and, in others, as an evaluation.
Duties: These are works done online or not, where the teacher exposes a topic of debate or investigation and the student develops it asynchronously and loads it for evaluation and qualification.
Exams: These are evaluations that are carried out at the end of each learning stage and are exposed directly on the platform for the online resolution of these; they have the distinction of being automatically qualified by the virtual campus.
Program taught in: