Last few days to enroll!
A special collaboration with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) has been established to jointly run this programme. Students must take part of the curriculum of the course programme on the virtual campus of UNITAR and part on the UOC one.
The efforts made by humankind to live in peace give us the insight to accomplish real results, eliminate war, transform conflicts and manage them positively. This master course in conflictology draws from this insight, systematizes knowledge and presents it in an advanced and efficient educational manner.
Conflict resolution, transformation, mediation and management, studies and culture of peace are synonyms and they describe the scientific and multi-disciplinary approach of conflictology.
Practitioners and academics from prestigious universities and peace research institutes from different countries around the world get together in this virtual course that makes it possible, with the UOC's years' experience, for anyone, no matter where they live, to access this international master course and prepare for professional practice. This programme trains students in all applications of conflictology (family, trade, social, political, international, armed conflicts), facilitates internships, preparation of research programmes and the development of your own professional projects giving you access to the largest network of people working to promote peace.
- to know the theory, its different approaches and the nature of contemporary conflicts
- to acquire skills of analysis and the ability to plan actions for peaceful interventions, both for the prevention of conflicts and for intervening during their development
- to learn techniques and strategies for intelligent non-violent intervention in conflict situations
- to access information and knowledge to be able to develop efficient intervention programmes and manage the quest for positive specific solutions
- to be able to lead and facilitate negotiation and mediation processes
- to transform the way to communicate both to prevent and to end conflicts
- Understanding the overall concept of what we mean by conflict resolution, its terminology and the action criteria, techniques and methods specific to it.
- Understanding and learning how to analyse how family, education, political, social and armed conflicts occur and also learn how to manage, transform and resolve them using strategies, techniques and resources for an intelligent and non-violent intervention.
- Acquiring the skills to analyse and plan the action in peaceful interventions in conflicts, both from the prevention and intervention perspective as the conflict occurs.
- Having the ability to develop communication aspects to prevent, direct and pacify conflicts.
- Knowing how to find information and knowledge to develop efficient intervention programmes and manage the search for specific and positive solutions.
- Designing, managing and developing conflict resolution processes based on the different techniques and procedures.
- Any person with responsibilities and interests in solving conflicts
- Consultants, executives, leaders, lawyers of any industry
- Civil servants and managers of private and public organisations
- Directors and staff of NGOs, companies and other organisations working in conflict areas, in reconstruction, development and international cooperation
- Politicians and trade unionists
- Members of the armed forces and the police.
To gain entry to the programme, participants need to have an authenticated university qualification.
This postgraduate course is addressed primarily to graduates in Humanities (Art History, Fine Arts, History and related disciplines).
Materials and learning resources will be in English, Catalan, Spanish and/or French. Teaching and communication will be in English. Good reading skills in English are required to enrol; although academic work may also be submitted in French, Spanish or Catalan.
Cost & Fees
For information and enrolment, contact UNITAR