The SiLSLL.M. in International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution is taught fully online, giving career professionals access to a level of higher education that may otherwise be out of reach because of work or family responsibilities.
SiLS offers a real life experience of what international work as a global lawyer is like, with online meetings, video conferencing, online research, and written work prepared individually or in small groups, stimulating and inspiring feedback from faculty and peers from all over the world. The teaching approach is directed at encouraging students not just to learn the theory, but to unterstand how it works, why it works, and what the practical implications in it might be. Small classes are composed from a student body representing a wide variety of experience, bringing both specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
The SiLS LL.M. master degree is awarded upon the satisfactory completion of four interactive modules and four self-guided tutorials.Each SiLS module can also be booked individually.
Each of the four interactive Swiss International Law School modules is led by an eminent global scholar in the respective field. Classes are supervised by two course leaders, one from a common law, the other from a civil law background. Each SiLS module can also be booked individually.
- Sales and Transport Law: Module leader Professor Dr. Ingeborg SCHWENZER, LL.M.
- Intellectual Property Law: Module leader Professor Dr. William VAN CAENEGEM, LL.M.
- Dispute Resolution:Module leaderProfessor Louise BARRINGTON
- Corporate Law: Module leader Professor Dr. Katharina PISTOR, LL.M.
- Legal Research and Writing: Dr. Benjamin LEISINGER, LL.M.
- Presentation Techniques: Dr. Christopher KEE
- Professional Ethics for the Global Lawyer: Professor Catherine ROGERS
- Features of Common Law and Civil Law Systems: Professor Dr. Thomas LUNDMARK, LL.M.
- Management of Legal and Compliance Risk: Dr. Peter KURER, LL.M.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2017