Learn how to run a successful small business
Are you thinking of starting your own business, or perhaps you’ve already taken the plunge and just need a helping hand to help you take your new business even further?
There are a lot of things to consider when starting your own business, from understanding your customers right through to budgets, business plans and legislation.
Why this course
This eight-week online course will help you unravel and navigate your way through all the essential elements of starting your own business.
You’ll gain the essential skills and business knowledge you need to run a successful business, and focus on low-cost, quick-to-implement strategies to enable you to exploit emerging trends and technologies and learn through doing.
What you’ll learn
- Developing a strategy and business plan: defining your vision for the future and planning the steps to achieve it.
- Market research: what has worked well and what hasn’t, and what you can learn from that when refining your business strategy.
- Products and pricing: what do you need to understand to be able to accurately price your products/services? What is your cost of goods? Will you discount? Do you need separate retail and wholesale price plans? You’ll explore all of this and more.
- Cash flow, financial forecasting and fundraising options: you’ve heard the saying ‘cash is king’, how do you raise and manage your finances in the best way for your business?
- Legalities and logistics: armed with a plan for your business, this is where you get to grips with licensing, registration and accounting requirements.
- Communication: how and where to tell your story and build your brand.
- Pitching, negotiating and selling.
About the School
Whether you’re looking to upskill, build your confidence, get a promotion, or start your own business, our online short courses will make sure you have the skills and know-how you need to stand out fr ... Read More