Why choose this program?
This online course will allow you to delve deep into the MBP Scouting model and the functioning and use of professional Scouting. You will do it through challenges and game mechanics (gamification) and a story that will put you in the shoes of a junior scout who recently arrived at a professional team. In short, you will have access to all the contents of the in-person program in a comfortable, attractive, and motivating way: you will learn how to know the existing types of Scouting and identify both the player analysis elements, individually, and the team, as well as all the keys to creating a total report of the opponent.
In particular, you will know cutting-edge analysis technological tools and will learn how to use one of them to gather, order, and interpret information according to methodological patterns and confront the competition in both your team and your rival’s analysis. All of it autonomously but also sharing what you learn with the community and the MBP teachers.
Ultimately, in this course, you’ll know the basics of game analysis and gathering information from competitions to make coherent and effective decisions later.
- Dedication: 45 hours (9 weeks)
- Next edition: November 27th, 2020
- Certification: Scouting specialist from MBP School of Coaches
- Study at your own pace and at the time that better suits you
What will you learn?
- To know, describe, and evaluate individual and collective behaviors.
- To analyze and optimize the abilities and skills of the soccer players in the high-performance stage.
- To understand and advise about the individual and group dynamics in competitive soccer teams.
- To observe the structural and dynamic aspects of soccer.
- To deeply analyze all the game phases and moments of a team.
- To select and apply the most adequate strategies, methods techniques, and technologies for the game analysis.
- To acquire knowledge on the creation of analysis panels and the use of projects in analysis software.
- To share data through reports and action proposals or methodological patterns.
How will you learn?
- Analyzing Live. Analyzing, live, one of the teams of La Liga that are based in Barcelona: FC Barcelona or RCD Espanyol.
- Information. Searching, managing, analyzing, summarizing, and connecting the information directly or indirectly related to competitive soccer.
- Create Reports. Discovering how to create reports for coaches, players, or the team and institutions, including the use of technological tools.
- Recognizing. Recognizing key aspects in the analysis of sports performance.
- Delving. Delving into general and specific aspects of soccer.
- Team. Autonomously and working as a team.
¡Congratulations! You have just signed as a junior scout at MBP. We are eight matches away from the finals and we need your help to achieve our goal. We know it’s not going to be easy and we need to work hard to make it, but with everyone’s effort, we will succeed!
During these eight matches, you will learn the functioning and use of professional Scouting. To do it, you’ll have to go through the different phases that form this learning process: studying the theory in the locker room, putting it into practice during the training session, carrying out what you have learned during the match, and, in the end, sharing it in the press conference.
- Matches 1 and 2. MBP scouting model. We’ll know Scouting and its functions, we’ll see MBP’s approach in particular and we’ll identify the different types of analysis.
- Match 3. Team structure and dynamics analysis. We will explore concepts such as official call and the game system, we’ll study the players according to their position and we’ll take the first step into the dynamic analysis of the team.
- Match 4. Offensive phase analysis. In this module we’ll analyze the attack phase in its three sub-phases: start, building up, and finishing.
- Match 5. Defensive phase analysis. Here we’ll know in depth the defensive phase: analyzing the three types of defensive block and the defense of the direct game.
- Match 6. Transitional phases analysis. We’ll delve into both transitions from attack to defense and from defense to attack.
- Match 7. Strategy analysis. We’ll analyze the strategy of different set pieces: corner kicks, free kicks, throw-ins, and penalty kicks.
- Match 8. Methodological patterns.
- Cross-Curricular project. To complete the course, you’ll have to do, individually, the analysis of two matches played by professional teams. You will have to analyze the structure and the dynamics, the different game phases, and, finally, the strategy. To do it, you’ll use a video analysis program, one of the most important tools for professional scouts.
"A 100% recommended course, I could define it as a course where you will enjoy learning. The MBP methodology and its presentation are of a very high standard, very useful for discovering all the details of the analysis of a team and a match." Jesús Galilea
"I recommend the Scouting and Game Analysis course at MBP School of Coaches in order to increase the knowledge of what the game is like. In addition, thank you very much for the treatment of all the people of MBP, who helped me at all times." Luís Omar Tapia
"The course has been very useful for me to order and emphasize many things that I sometimes saw but that I did not stop to analyze, which prevented me from giving real importance to each concept. Also, to be able to organize my analysis and structure it in phases, which helped me to make my work more professional and clear." Manuel Mayo
About the School
MBP School of Coaches’ mission is to “optimize the tactical level of the coaches to their maximum exponent” thanks to the patented MBP Method that is being used by professional coaches and players in ... Read More