Are you sure you understand how the financial system works?
Why join the course?
The objective of this mooc is to:
- Familiarize yourself with concepts that will allow you to better dialogue with financial intermediaries such as banks
- Allow you to have a better understanding of the circuits that connect the saver and the companies that need our capital to invest.
- Make you understand how the financial markets work and acquire skills to monitor your investments.
- Let you know more precisely the framework for marketing financial products, your rights and possible remedies.
What topics will you discuss?
Week 1: Save and Invest
- Business financing, the circulation of savings and financial intermediaries
- Collective management
Week 2: The financial market
- Being able to trade - liquidity - the market
- Buy and sell financial securities
- The real exchange - the post market - clearing house
Week 3: the institutional framework for the investment
- The legal framework and supervisory authorities in France
- Fight against money laundering and market abuse
Week 4: Direct holding of live securities or collective management
- Live financial securities and derivatives
- Collective management
- The construction of portfolios
Week 5: The financial intermediary relationship - investors
- The pre-investment relationship
- The post-investment relationship
When do you want to start?
Most FutureLearn courses take place multiple times. Each cycle in a course has a set start date, but you can join and cycle through it after it starts.
- Available now
What are you going to achieve?
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- To be able to analyze and better understand the offers of financial intermediaries such as banks.
- Acquire skills to monitor your investments in terms of return and risk.
- Have a better knowledge of the legal arsenal that protects investors.
- Know your rights and the possible remedies in the event of a scam.
- Have an overview of financial markets, their place and role in the economy.
Who is the course for?
Following this Mooc does not require any particular prior skills.
Who are you going to learn with?
Analyst and portfolio manager for 14 years, now Associate Professor at GEM in charge of the AMF certified exam. His research focuses on asset management and currency risk (forex).
Who developed the course?
Grenoble School of Management
For 30 years, Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) has established itself in France and internationally as a leading business school thanks to its expertise in technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Join this course
Sign up for free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.