Understand the impact of poor quality and how to manage construction quality with this course for construction professionals.
Learn how to foster a culture of quality in construction with the CIOB
Poor quality builds have a detrimental impact on the construction industry. On this course, you will tackle this problem with professional research and insight into the delivery of quality construction and development projects.
You will look at the current issues faced by the construction industry and how quality management has developed in construction and elsewhere. You will also address the practical steps that can be made to ensure construction quality. Upon completion of the course, you will become more confident at instilling a culture of quality on all your construction projects.
What topics will you cover?
- Defining quality in construction and its importance to those who build and interact with buildings and infrastructure.
- The social, economic and human costs associated with poor quality.
- A history of quality management in construction and other industries.
- The role and importance of training and education.
- Legal and regulatory environment for quality management.
- Putting quality into practice; methods, processes and systems.
- Changing an organisation to instil a culture of quality in construction.
Who is this accredited by?
The CPD Certification Service: This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify the impacts of poor quality in construction.
- Explain and define quality in construction.
- Summarise the history of quality management in various industries.
- Discuss relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Explain the principles of embedding a culture of quality in construction.
- Investigate quality management methods and systems.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for construction professionals at all career levels and for clients and end-users who want to learn more about what can be done to achieve quality buildings.
Who will you learn with?
Martin is a Chartered Construction Manager, Building Engineer and Health & Safety Practitioner. He has worked in a range of roles across the industry and designed courses delivered around the world.
Associate Director - Academy, and looking forward to participating with learners construction-related and broader topics of discussion.
Who developed the course?
Chartered Institute of Building Academy
Working with industry and for industry, CIOB Academy helps support your employees on their development paths and make sure your company meets industry demands now and in the future.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.