About The Course
Python has been one of the premier, flexible, and powerful open-source language that is easy to learn, easy to use, and has powerful libraries for data manipulation and analysis. For over a decade, Python has been used in scientific computing and highly quantitative domains such as finance, oil and gas, physics, and signal processing. This course will cover both basic and advanced concepts of Python like writing python scripts, sequence and file operations in python, Machine Learning in Python, Web Scraping, Map Reduce in Python, Hadoop Streaming, Python UDF for Pig and Hive. You will also go through important and most widely used packages like pydoop, pandas, scikit, numpy scipy etc.
After the completion of the Mastering Python Course at Edureka, you should be able to:
- Master the Basic and Advanced Concepts of Python
- Understand Python Scripts on UNIX/Windows, Python Editors, and IDEs
- Master the Concepts of Sequences and File operations
- Learn how to use and create functions, sorting different elements, Lambda function, error handling techniques and Regular expressions and using modules in Python
- Gain expertise in machine learning using Python and build a Real Life Machine Learning application
- Understand the supervised and unsupervised learning and concepts of Scikit-Learn
- Master the concepts of MapReduce in Hadoop
- Learn to write Complex MapReduce programs
- Understand what is PIG and HIVE, Streaming feature in Hadoop, MapReduce job running with Python
- Implementing a PIG UDF in Python, Writing a HIVE UDF in Python, Pydoop and/Or MRjob Basics
- Master the concepts of Web scraping in Python
- Work on a Real Life Project on Big Data Analytics using Python and gain Hands-on Project Experience
Who should go for this course?
Experienced Professional or a Beginner, Anyone who wants to learn to programme with Python can start right away!
This course is exclusively designed for professionals aspiring to make a career in Big Data Analytics using Python. Software Professionals, Analytics Professionals, ETL developers, Project Managers, Testing Professionals are the key beneficiaries of this course. Other professionals who are looking forward to acquiring a solid foundation of this widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language, can also opt for this course.
Although there are no hard pre-requisites, attendees having prior programming experience and familiarity with basic concepts such as variables/scopes, flow-control, and functions would be beneficial. Prior exposure to object-oriented programming concepts is not required, but definitely beneficial.
A real-world project showing scrapping data from Google finance and IMDB using beautiful soup. We will also perform sentiment analysis over the live tweets fetched from Twitter.
Why learn Python?
Programmers love Python because of how fast and easy it is to use. Python cuts development time in half with its simple to read syntax and easy compilation feature. Debugging your programs is a breeze in Python with its built-in debugger. Using Python makes Programmers more productive and their programs ultimately better. Python is continued to be a favorite option for data scientists who use it for building and using Machine learning applications and other scientific computations.
Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS and has been ported to Java and .NET virtual machines. Python is free to use, even for the commercial products, because of its OSI-approved open source license.
Python has evolved as the most preferred Language for Data Analytics and the increasing search trends on python also indicates that Python is the next "Big Thing" and a must for Professionals in the Data Analytics domain.
Online Classes: 30 Hrs
10 live classes of 3 hrs each by Industry practitioners
Assignments: 40 Hrs
Personal assistance/installation guides for setting up the required environment for Assignments / Projects
Project: 20 Hrs
Live project based on the data scraped from social media sites in real time and finding insights
Lifetime access to the learning management system including Class recordings, presentations, sample code and projects
24 x 7 Support
Lifetime access to the support team (available 24/7) in resolving queries during and after the course completion
Edureka certified 'Python Expert' based on your project performance, reviewed by our expert panel
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2018