Grow your project management skills, and understand project management methodologies and challenges.
Understand the key principles of project management
According to a key report in 2017, only 37% of teams in the UK reported completing projects on time. Managing project costs were given as the biggest problem, followed by hitting deadlines.
On this course, you will learn the key principles of project management and understand the project management skills needed to complete projects on time and on budget. You will focus on the three biggest challenges to project managers: completing projects on time, managing costs, and communication. You will learn from case studies and real-life examples to bring your learning experience to life.
What topics will you cover?
- What is Project Management?
- The Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Mini Case Study
- Project Information and Communications
- Closing a Project
- Contemporary Practice: Project Management Software, Agile Project
- Management, Operations Management
- Mini Case Study
Who is this accredited by?
The CPD Certification Service: This course has been accredited by the CPD Certification Service, which means it can be used to provide evidence of your continuing professional development.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Develop your understanding of how projects relate to the wider organisational environment.
- Explore the key role of risk management, communication strategies, change management and project closing methods.
- Explain the functions and roles of a Project Manager.
- Develop an understanding of how and why project managers need to appreciate the international perspective of their projects.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone working in project management roles in any industry, from engineering and programming to marketing, aviation and more. It will be useful to any professional responsible for managing projects.
It is ideal for anybody considering undertaking Anglia Ruskin’s MSc Project Management.
Who developed the course?
Anglia Ruskin University
ARU is a global university with campuses across the East of England. They are passionate about transforming lives through innovative, inclusive and entrepreneurial education and research.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.