Advance your retail career by learning how to effectively forecast sales, manage inventory and support a successful omnichannel strategy.
Master the key essentials of the retail business and gain insights from real-world retailers on how to successfully navigate the transformation from traditional brick and mortar to omnichannel. In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the four key components of the retail business:
- Inventory Decisions
- Assortment Planning
You will explore the different challenges that retailers face as they integrate traditional brick and mortar and online and the tools and strategies they are using address these challenges. This program will take a hands-on, problem-driven approach that will help you understand and put into practice the concepts you learn. You will see how the decisions you make impact your business and your customers. In addition to the online video, the certificate material includes simulations, screencast showing how to implement the concepts and tools we discuss, interviews with managers, live chats and more. This program is targeted to a wide variety of participants, from retail owners and store managers to undergrad business majors or specialists in retail. By the end of the program, you will be able to make better decisions at every step of the retail process.
- Sales Manager positions are projected to grow by 5% from 2014 to 2024. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Median Salary in 2015 was $113,000, with a median of $81,000 in the Retail trade industry. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Related positions that would benefit from this Professional Certificate are Purchasing Manager, Planner, Marketing Manager, Buyer, and Purchasing Agent.
What You'll Learn
- How to generate and evaluate sales forecasts.
- How to plan and optimize your inventory management.
- How to think and decide on product assortment.
- How to find the best prices for your products.
- How to understand the needs of omnichannel customers.
- How to fulfill omnichannel demand.
- How leading retailers are navigating their omnichannel journeys.
- How to support an omnichannel strategy.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in the Professional Certificate Program
- Retail Fundamentals
- Omnichannel Strategy and Management
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-4 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Dartmouth College
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): $99 per course
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More