Master design knowledge required to improve the patient experience in healthcare systems
Healthcare systems strive to offer better treatment and improve their service level for a growing number of patients. Designers can contribute to this goal by offering their unique human-centered thinking and creative solutions. In this program, you will learn key design methods and learn to apply them to healthcare through mastering a unique method of patient journey mapping.
There are several design methods that focus on the patient journey (built upon concepts derived from “customer journey”). By looking into the patient journey in great detail, designers can generate useful solutions for very specific problems. At the same time, other professionals in healthcare can learn how design can help with facilitating better care.
- Healthcare providers continuously seek ways to improve patient satisfaction and can benefit from new approaches. (McKinsey in Healthcare, August 2015)
- Job opportunities include experience designer, innovation manager in healthcare, product manager in healthcare or consultant.
- The estimated annual salary of senior industrial designers amounts to $90,709 per year. (indeed.com)
What You'll Learn
- Key design methods taught at TU Delft.
- The design process – from understanding the user in context to delivering great design.
- How to develop a patient journey.
- How and when to use the method of patient journey mapping in design activities.
- How to identify design opportunities starting from the patient journey.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in the Professional Certificate Program
- Product Design: The Delft Design Approach
- Design in Healthcare: Using Patient Journey Mapping
- Average Length: 5-7 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-7 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Engineering, Medicine, Social Sciences, Design
- Institution: Delft University of Technology
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $208 USD, now $187.20 USD for the entire program. You save $20.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More