Learn the essentials for communicating in Chinese, including tones, pinyin, grammar, characters, and basic structures, to help strengthen and build better business relationships.
Chinese is a critical language for all global organizations. This Mandarin for Business program features a thorough basic and intermediate Chinese virtual learning experience at your own pace!
In this Mandarin for Business Professional Certificate program, we integrate your Chinese learning experiences from basics, such as tones, pinyin, grammar, characters, and basic structures to advanced knowledge. We provide a solid learning system that is essential for beginners to differentiate and construct sentences, and then use them in real life, workplace and business scenarios.
After you’ve gained basic knowledge in more than 18 scenarios, you will advance to a business Chinese course that will offer you the opportunity to apply the Mandarin language skills you have gained in real-world business scenarios.
Drawing from the skills you’ve developed in the Basic Mandarin courses in this series, you will learn how to address yourself more properly in different circumstances, which is especially useful for networking and negotiating with business partners, contract signing and maintaining a business relationship.
For all courses, we use videos that include everyday conversations to let students learn the most practical Chinese. We also offer slides and audio supplements for sentences and phrases to get you familiar with different intonation and pronunciation.
In addition to 40 lessons, you will have the opportunity to participate in instructor-led webinars with MandarinX founder and linguistic specialist Dr. Estella Y. Chen, who will lead discussion groups around a variety of popular themed business topics, common in Chinese corporations.
By the end of this series, you will gain essential vocabulary and grammar skills for daily conversations and applicable Chinese business language skills.
- Chinese is the most popular language in the world with over 1.2 Billion native Chinese speakers.
- Learning Chinese will help your company or organization break into the biggest market on the planet. Being able to properly and correctly introduce yourself in Chinese will help you open the door to a whole new world.
- More employment opportunities! 39% of U.S. employers said they plan to hire bilingual candidates, and 50% said that if they had two equally qualified candidates, they would be more inclined to hire the bilingual candidate. (Source: CareerBuilder)
- A foreign language amp up your value as an employee—and therefore your pay—in business or law, particularly if you speak Chinese.
- 42% of employers at top law firms surveyed saw an increase in legal jobs requiring a second language. (Source: U.S. News)
What You'll Learn
- Five essential characteristics of Mandarin Chinese: tones, pinyin, grammar, characters, and basic structures.
- Useful spoken Chinese in more than 18 scenarios.
- Greater insight into Chinese culture.
- Proper Business Chinese languages for finding business partners, networking, contract signing, and maintaining business relationships.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in the Professional Certificate Program
- Mandarin Chinese Essentials
- Mandarin Chinese Level 1
- Mandarin Chinese Level 2
- Mandarin Chinese Level 3
- Mandarin Chinese for Business
- Average Length: 5-6 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Language, Art & Culture, Business & Management
- Institution: MandarinX
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $495 USD, now $445.50 USD for the entire program. You save $49.50 USD
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More