Transform the future of your organization and learn how to develop and execute breakthrough innovation ideas from the world’s leading expert on strategy and innovation, Vijay Govindarajan (VG).
Vijay Govindarajan, known as VG, is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best Selling author, Coxe Distinguished Professor at Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business, two-time winner of the prestigious McKinsey Award for the Best Article published in Harvard Business Review, and one of the world’s leading experts on strategy and innovation.
VG brings his expert knowledge to this Professional Certificate program, which will introduce you to the Three Box framework, which has the potential to transform the future of any organization that embraces it – whether it’s a large enterprise, a mid-size business, a startup, or a nonprofit organization.
The Three-Box framework is a simple and proven method that allows organizations to successfully allocate an organization’s energy, time and resources across three boxes: Box 1 Manage the present: Managing the core business at peak efficiency Box 2 Selectively forget the past: Abandon ideas, practices, and attitudes that could inhibit innovation Box 3 Create the future: Develop and convert breakthrough ideas into new products and businesses
The Three-Box framework makes leading innovation within your organization easier. VG has worked with CEOs and top management teams in more than 25% of the Fortune 500 firms, including Boeing, Coca-Cola, FedEx, General Electric, IBM, J.P. Morgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, The New York Times, Procter & Gamble, Sony, and Wal-Mart, to discuss, challenge, and escalate their thinking about strategy and innovation. VG’s extensive research and consulting have resulted in the Best Seller The Three Box Solution: A Strategy for Leading Innovation, on which the two courses are based.
The content of these courses is relevant for a large corporation, a mid-size business, a startup or a nonprofit organization. Because innovation is a team sport, the Professional Certificate program is useful for individuals who intend to advance careers in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Service, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance.
This is your opportunity to learn from the best and prepare your organization for success in the future.
- Top Management and Executive occupations are projected to grow 8% from 2016 to 2026, which is the average pace. This will result in 193,000 new jobs during this 10-year period. (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Median salary $103,950. (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Top Executives work in all industries, for both small and large organizations. They often work long hours and travel is common. They develop the strategies their organizations will use for successful operation.
- The course is useful for individuals who intend to advance careers in R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, Service, Human Resources, Accounting, and Finance.
What You'll Learn
- Why companies need to continuously innovate strategically.
- How to identify weak signals, market discontinuities and non-linear shifts that shape the future evolution of an industry.
- How to execute breakthrough innovation strategies.
- How can firms build the requisite organizational DNA to create the future while managing the present.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in the Professional Certificate Program
- Developing Breakthrough Innovations with the Three Box Solution
- Executing Breakthrough Innovations with the Three Box Solution
- Average Length: 3-4 weeks per course
- Effort: 2-4 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Dartmouth College
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $198 USD, now $178.20 USD for the entire program. You save $19.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More