Develop your capacity in educational leadership and management to improve the lives and learning of all students.
The Leadership and Management in Education Professional Certificate program will develop your skills in leading, supporting, and positively transforming learning organizations.
You will acquire skills in:
- Leadership techniques
- Change management
- Conflict resolution, and
- Stakeholder engagement.
You will learn what high-quality leadership looks like in multiple industry contexts, review current research in educational leadership, and apply your new skills in the workplace. You will craft an organizational vision and develop a personal action plan to implement now, and in the future.
Each course in the program supports the practical application of an evidence-based theoretical framework. The coursework is driven by ground-breaking research teamed with leadership and management capacity building. The Professional Certificate program is registered for teacher professional development with the New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA), Australia.
The program has been developed by Professor John Fischetti and Dr. Scott Imig, with over 50 years of experience between them in improving the preparation of educators and the quality of teaching and learning in classrooms around the world.
The University of Newcastle has one of the largest schools of education in Australia and rated in the Top 100 universities for Education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017.
The courses in this program are accredited by NESA (New South Wales Educational Standards Authority) as noted below. Recognition of these courses as lead teacher professional development may also apply in your state or country. Please contact your accrediting body for any processes that apply in your jurisdiction if you are seeking completion as evidence for professional development credit.
- This program will prepare you for advancing your career as a headteacher, assistant or deputy principal, principal, organizational leader, or in policy and/or advisory roles in educational boards or governance.
What You'll Learn
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy and plan.
- Analyze the leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organizational leaders.
- Identify methods to energize your staff towards the creation of efficient and effective organizations.
- Develop coaching capacities to improve your ability to lead your team.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Developing Your Educational Leadership and Management Vision
- Applying Strategic Leadership in Education
- Leading Transformative Change in Education
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Education & Teacher Training
- Institution: The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $297 USD, now $267.30 USD for the entire program. You save $29.70 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More