Learn how to write efficient code and create software programs and functions using object-oriented programming in Java in this hands-on introductory software development program.
The courses in this Professional Certificate program introduce you to the “science” of computer science. In biology, DNA forms the basic building blocks of life. DNA strands can be replicated and built upon each other to form complex objects called proteins that can make all sorts of interesting creatures from bacteria to elephants. Similarly, software code can be built in such a way so that it can be reused and paired with other software to create complex software systems.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will have the opportunity to explore the nuts and bolts of reusable code objects (called “object-oriented” programming). You’ll get exposed to professional software tools and learn how to compile software programs (and why that’s important). You’ll also learn about basic algorithms that programmers use to create everything from simple automation programs to complex systems that run factories. A program like this wouldn’t be complete without learning how to quickly manipulate data using software so you’ll learn about hash tables, stacks, and trees as efficient and speedy ways to manage information.
Each course in this program will keep you challenged with exercises, practice quizzes, and exams that will not only test your learning but help you evaluate how well you’re learning. Your instructors both have written code for large software applications and have spent many hours in front of students in a classroom teaching these concepts. They’ve applied their time (and student) tested materials to develop these courses.
This program is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Entry-Level Software Development.
- Software developers are changing our daily lives as we know it, reshaping the world, disrupting industries and igniting social change.
- Foundation for careers such as Junior software developer, Junior technical writer, and Junior technical program manager.
- Employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations creating 1.1 Million jobs. (US Department of Labor statistics).
What You'll Learn
- How to create advanced programs and functions.
- How to create basic object-oriented programs.
- How to analyze algorithms and data structures for efficiency.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Learn to Program in Java
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Average Length: 4-5 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science, Coding
- Institution: Microsoft
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $297 USD, now $267.30 USD for the entire program. You save $29.70 USD.