Learn fundamental 3D concepts to create 3D models and animations as you work with Blender, an open-source animation software tool.
Architects are relying more on 3D software to visualize unbuilt spaces. 3D rendering and architectural visualization can help architects and designers to work in collaboration and better communicate ideas.
This program will introduce the basic concepts of architectural visualization. The program will use Blender, a free and open-source tool, to demonstrate these concepts. The courses in this program cover a spectrum of processes such as modeling, texturing, and lighting.
The program has been shot and edited elegantly with slow-paced video tutorials, quizzes, activities, hands-on assignments, and projects.
- The global architectural rendering software market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of over 29% until 2020. (Source: Technavio)
- There is an increasing demand for 3D visualization in the real estate and interior design field.
- Career prospects for those with similar training include 3D modeler, Architectural visualizer, Interior design visualizer.
What You'll Learn
- Evaluate proportions and scale using 3D modeling.
- Simulate the effects of light and sciagraphy in an internal and external environment.
- Represent textures, finishes, and color schemes.
- Experiment and optimize the rendering process (final outcome).
- Compose the scene to fine-tune the final output.
- Create an accurate 3D visualization of the proposed design.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- 3D Modeling from Architectural Drawings
- Realistic Architectural 3D Modeling
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 4-6 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Architecture, Design
- Institution: IITBombay
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $98 USD, now $88.20 USD for the entire program. You save $9.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More