Learn financial and quantitative analysis for tackling complex problems that require confident and managerial decision-making.
Literacy in business financials, regardless of your industry, is essential for growing your career in management. Whether you are working within an organization or have your own business, the decisions you make affect the health of the business. You must interpret and forecast the impact of your decisions to ensure you are making the best recommendation for the firm. Through the four pillars of financial decision-making: Accounting, Finance, Data Analysis, and Economics, you can become a successful entrepreneur or intrapreneur.
This program will cover these four pillars in-depth - with each course devoted to exploring a particular topic and how it can inform the decisions you face in your career. If you’re looking to discover and practice the fundamental skills and methodology used in business today, this Professional Certificate program is for you. Some of the topics you will cover in this program include funding, valuation, key performance metrics, financial forecasting, data analysis, and models of consumer choice and demand.
This program is best suited for professionals who are looking to grow their career into a managerial role where they will need to make financial and analytical decisions.
- The median annual wage for financial managers was $125,080 in May 2017 (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- Employment of financial managers is projected to grow 19 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- 80.7% of executives characterize their big data investments as “successful.” (source: Randy Bean, “How Companies Say They’re Using Big Data”, Harvard Business Review, Apr. 2017).
What You'll Learn
- Practical skills for evaluating and forecasting project ideas and decisions from various perspectives.
- An essential toolkit for analyzing and utilizing financial statements.
- How to use data analysis to inform managerial decisions.
- Economic principles that guide your understanding of the market and the relationship between price and quantity.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Financial Accounting Made Fun: Eliminating Your Fears
- Analytics for Decision Making
- Financial Analysis for Decision Making
- Economics: Consumer Demand
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 4-6 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Economics & Finance, Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institution: Babson College
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $396 USD, now $356.40 USD for the entire program. You save $39.60 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More