An introduction to the expanding world of cybersecurity and the opportunity to find your niche in this exciting, in-demand field.
Are you interested in working in cybersecurity but unsure if it's the right career choice for you?
This professional certificate program will introduce you to the field of cybersecurity, as you learn about its landscape, numerous sectors, and various roles, competencies and career pathways.
You will learn about the role of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) as you study the policies, procedures, practices, and technologies put in place to mitigate organizational and systems vulnerabilities to a cyber attack.
You will also learn about the type of skills needed for a cybersecurity professional, outside of technical proficiency. And lastly, you will be given the opportunity to complete a self-assessment to determine which career path in cybersecurity is right for you.
The goal of this program is to help you better understand cybersecurity and the opportunities within this field as they apply to you. The program is intended for learners who wish to identify their specific optimal niche and create a plan for entry into this exciting field.
- Between 2014 and 2016, Information Security as a skill has grown to be the topmost in-demand skill in job openings where “Cybersecurity” is the keyword.
- Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. (Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics)
- The mean real-time salary is $108,335. (Source: Burning Glass)
What You'll Learn
- Describe the vast array of roles and sectors within the Cybersecurity industry.
- Explain the relationship between management and technology in cybersecurity protection.
- Identify appropriate types of security controls to the actions of different and evolving threat actors.
- Apply terminology and basic concepts of cybersecurity.
- Assess own knowledge, skill, and abilities toward identifying a career path in cybersecurity.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity: The CISO's View
- Building a Cybersecurity Toolkit
- Finding your Cybersecurity Career Path
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 2-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: University of Washington
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $396 USD, now $356.40 USD for the entire program. You save $39.60 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More