This program will teach you how to better work in teams, to find and fix errors, to write software that not only everyone can use but that everyone will enjoy using, and ensure their codebase against disaster.
Good software programmers know how to write code that works. Great software programmers know how to write well-documented, solidly-designed code written for an international and diverse audience that is backed up in a repository on a regular basis – and that also works. By writing code in this way, programmers are set up to better work in teams, to find and fix errors more quickly, to write software that not only everyone can use but that everyone will enjoy using, and ensure their codebase against disaster.
This Professional Certificate program will teach you all these things: from how to comment code and work with source control to writing software so it can be localized (prepared for languages and locales beyond the one it's written in).
The courses are taught by leaders in their respective fields and you’ll learn in the context of real-world projects. Regular assessments will help you keep track of your learning progress and help you lock in concepts. This course is not only for programmers but for anyone who works with software or related fields. This Certificate Program will take your software skills to the next level by teaching you the finer points of writing professional software.
This program is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Entry-Level Software Development.
- Junior software developer focusing on automation and test.
- Junior technical writer.
- Junior technical program manager.
What You'll Learn
- How to work with source control.
- How to design a better user interface.
- How to make your software accessible.
- How to design your software for a global audience.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Developing International Software
- Writing Professional Code
- Average Length: 7 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science, Coding, Software Development
- Institution: Microsoft
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $297 USD, now $267.30 USD for the entire program. You save $29.70 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More