Learn essential skills for networking in English to expand your career and business options, using social connections, email, conversational strategies, and more.
Networking is important for job hunters, people changing or entering careers, entrepreneurs, and people in all areas of business. This four-course, 16-week program provides learners with English grammar and vocabulary to identify and expand their social networks. Learners will explore their current network, write emails, create an “elevator speech,” prepare for and attend a networking event, as well as conduct informational interviews to strengthen their job skills.
This program is appropriate for an audience who speaks English as an additional language at the intermediate level.
- This program provides skills that are particularly useful for persons in sales, human resources, and marketing, as well as entrepreneurs and owners of small businesses.
- It may also be helpful to persons applying for entry-level jobs or post-secondary education.
What You'll Learn
- Describe what networking is and how it can help you reach your professional goals.
- Identify your goals for networking.
- Introduce yourself in English, keep a conversation going, and leave the conversation.
- Write professional emails to make new contacts and follow up with people in your network.
- Identify your network and your unique characteristics and skills.
- Use LinkedIn and business cards to make and maintain connections with your network.
- Use informational interviews to expand your network.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Preparing to Network in English
- Using Email for Networking in English
- Attending a Networking Event
- Conducting an Informational Interview
- Average Length: 4-6 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Language, Business & Management, Communication
- Institution: University of Washington
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $396 USD, now $356.40 USD for the entire program. You save $39.60 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More