Learn essential computer science concepts in order to design efficient high-quality software.
Gain the systematic knowledge required to be a software developer.
In this professional certificate program, you will learn essential computer science concepts for software development ranging from the fundamentals of object-oriented programming to using efficient algorithms to design high-quality software.
This program will give you a thorough understanding of the core principles of professional software development.
- Software Developer and Web Developer are two of the top three best technology jobs, with median salaries of over $95,000. (Source: US News & World Report)
- Nearly 1.3 million new software developer jobs will be created by 2024, and employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Career prospects include careers mobile/web app development, data science, social media, and systems and core infrastructure.
What You'll Learn
- How to design, develop, and test large software applications using the Java programming language.
- Development environments, tools, and frameworks for modern Java software development.
- How to select, apply, and analyze the most appropriate data representations in your code.
- How to apply object-oriented programming principles in order to develop high-quality software that is easy to read, understand, and modify.
- Algorithmic thinking and problem-solving techniques.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Data Structures and Software Design
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 6-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Engineering, Computer Science
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): $149 per course
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More