Enhance your writing skills as you learn how to craft clear, effective messages to better communicate in a business environment.
Whether you are writing an email to your boss or a letter to the editor, being able to craft your argument clearly and persuasively is essential. Employers today are looking for professionals who can clearly communicate messages across multiple channels.
This Professional Certificate program will build your confidence as you learn how to improve your writing organization, logic, and style to get your point across eloquently and quickly. You will delve into the details of the writing process and learn how to identify an audience, choose the best structure, and revise and edit early drafts of your work.
You will then focus on effective business writing for emails, letters, memos, short reports and more. Lastly, you will learn how to craft clear, concise messages for specific content and audiences on social media.
This program will arm you with the in-demand skills needed for all professionals.
- Soft skills, such as writing and communication, are scarce and in demand across nearly every occupation, even in technical fields. (Source: Burning Glass Technologies, The Human Factor, 2015).
- Employers face a big challenge in filling the gap for these soft skills, leading to many opportunities for growth and advancement in companies.
What You'll Learn
- Write effective emails, letters, memos, reports.
- Identify grammatical and punctuation problems in your writing.
- Analyze a writing situation and determine the appropriate communication strategy, format, style, and content.
- Organize information and ideas logically, efficiently, and effectively.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- The Writing Process
- Effective Business Writing
- Writing for Social Media
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Communication, Humanities, Business & Management
- Institution: University of California, Berkeley
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $297 USD, now $267.30 USD for the entire program. You save $29.70 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More