This program will teach you how computers can be used to solve real problems and gain skills to create interactive websites yourself.
Building on the work you completed in the Introduction to Computer Science Professional Certificate Program, this program will enable you to apply your skills to real-world technical solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a coding environment used by professional software developers as you learn the fundamentals of writing great code. But don’t worry: we take you, step by step, through the learning process. By the end of the series, you’ll learn how computers can be used to solve problems and gain skills to create solutions yourself.
Taught by teachers and programmers, these courses give you the right foundation for understanding how the web works and how you can create solutions to real-world problems. Each course includes regular assessments and hands-on projects to keep you engaged and aware of your learning progress.
This program is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Entry-Level Software Development.
- Software developers are changing our daily lives as we know it, reshaping the world, disrupting industries and igniting social change.
- Employment of software developers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations creating 1.1 Million jobs. (US Department of Labor statistics).
- Foundation for careers such as Junior software developer, Junior UX/UI designer, Junior technical writer, and Junior technical program manager.
What You'll Learn
- How to turn an idea into a technical solution.
- How to build interactive webpages.
- How to build and deploy dynamic websites.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Building Functional Prototypes using Node.js
- Designing a Technical Solution
- Average Length: 5 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-4 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $297 USD, now $267.30 USD for the entire program. You save $29.70 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More