Discover how distributed-ledger blockchain technologies are changing industries and what this emerging space means for you and your company.
Blockchain is a powerful distributed-ledger technology that is poised to revolutionize the way entire industries do business from supply chain tracking to real-estate transaction processing and everything in between. With that potential, there is a lot of hype to contend with. This program will teach business professionals what blockchain is, possible use cases and applications to help them better understand the blockchain landscape and how they might leverage this technology in their own industry.
Skills in blockchain are being reported as the top job-skill in demand. This program would provide a great first step in verifying candidates have a fundamental understanding of blockchain technologies.
- Blockchain-related jobs are the second-fastest growing in today’s labor market (Source: TechCrunch).
- This program is designed for the business professional who needs to understand the potential (or threat) of blockchain to their company and industry.
- Armed with better information on the blockchain landscape, this program will help them rise to new challenges in their current role by giving them a new dimension on which they can add value to their employer.
What You'll Learn
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies to audiences with varying experience.
- Blockchain impact and potential for change around the world.
- Demonstrate some of the immediate blockchain use cases in technology, business, and enterprise products and institutions.
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases.
- Build simple applications on top of Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric.
- Perform clean installations of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Blockchain: Understanding Its Uses and Implications
- Blockchain for Business - An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies
- Average Length: 14 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-4 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Blockchain
- Institution: The Linux Foundation
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $198 USD, now $178.20 USD for the entire program. You save $19.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More