Harness the power of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Develop the skills to future-proof your career.
Developed by Blockchain at Berkeley and faculty from UC Berkeley's premier Computer Science department, the Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate program is a comprehensive survey of core topics in cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin, and blockchain technology. This program will help you develop the critical skills needed to future-proof your career.
The barrier of entry for the blockchain space can oftentimes seem rather high, especially since the concept of blockchain and the benefits it provides is not yet as widely understood as other innovations. In order to overcome this barrier, this program will explore the main ideas, technologies, and the ecosystem surrounding blockchain technology from both technical and non-technical standpoints. This program will help you develop the intuition for thinking of blockchain systems. You will learn the key strengths and motivations of distributed ledger technology, and also be exposed to the underlying mechanisms by which they function.
Understanding blockchain architecture and the new paradigm of scalable, decentralized applications is imperative for future-proofing your career. Blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest-growing in today’s labor market and opportunities are not limited to technical research or development positions; there is a need for project management, community support, law, design, and more.
This program is accessible by anyone, with any background. Whether students are planning their next career move as a blockchain developer, crypto trader, data analyst, researcher, or consultant, or are just curious about this field, the Blockchain Fundamentals professional certificate is the best way to get up to speed on blockchain technology.
After taking Blockchain Fundamentals, students will have a deepened understanding of blockchain, which they can use to formulate their own informed blockchain mental models, hypotheses, and use cases -- imperative for understanding the industry.
- Blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest-growing in today’s labor market, currently with 14 job openings for every 1 blockchain developer. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Demand is off the charts for blockchain talent, and the capital is waiting to back it up. More than $3.7 billion has been raised through ICOs in the United States alone. (Source: TechCrunch)
- DTCC's Fintech Symposium recently noted the lack of available talent for blockchain industry jobs, and their desire to help invest in blockchain jobs and helping people to develop the necessary skills to fill those jobs.
- According to Forbes, the average salary of a blockchain engineer in Silicon Valley is $158,000. Programmers who have experience in Solidity (language for creating smart contracts) is in short supply and high demand.
What You'll Learn
- Synthesize your own blockchain solutions.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the specific mechanics of Bitcoin.
- Understand Bitcoin’s real-life applications and learn how to attack and destroy Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts and Dapps, and alternatives to Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm.
- Enterprise-level blockchain implementations and understand the scaling struggles of blockchain and potential solutions.
- The regulation of cryptocurrencies and its implications for anonymity, and what blockchain means for the future.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain Technology
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: University of California, Berkeley
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $198 USD, now $178.20 USD for the entire program. You save $19.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More