Master software testing in Java through this highly practical and inspiring program designed to help you become a better developer.
Software testing gets a bad rap for being difficult, time-consuming, redundant, and above all - boring. But in fact, it is a proven way to ensure that your software will work flawlessly and meet release schedules.
In this two-course series, we will teach you automated software testing in an inspiring way. We will show you that testing is not as daunting a task as you might think, and how automated testing will make you a better developer who programs excellent software.
This program will cover software testing as it is practiced in the industry. The first course will cover various techniques using JUnit, including unit testing, test adequacy, and code coverage, mock objects, test-driven development, design for testability and test code quality. The second course will cover state-based and web testing, combinatorial testing, mutation testing, static analysis tools, and property-based testing.
This is a highly practical program and it suits software developers, QA engineers and software testers in a Java development environment.
- Software testing skills are essential for developers who would like to become senior developers, especially in big tech companies.
- An estimated annual salary of senior Java developers amounts to $116,885 USD per year (indeed.com, in the United States).
- An estimated annual salary of software test engineers amounts to $95,159 USD per year (indeed.com, in the United States).
What You'll Learn
- How to unit test any software system using current state-of-the-art tools.
- How to derive test cases that deal with exceptional, corner, and bad weather cases by means of several different techniques.
- How to develop testable architectures and to write maintainable test code.
- The limitations of current testing techniques, and how to choose the best testing strategies for a given context.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Automated Software Testing: Practical Skills for Java Developers
- Automated Software Testing: Advanced Skills for Java Developers
- Average Length: 5 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 2 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $198 USD, now $178.20 USD for the entire program. You save $19.80 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More