Master Scrum and the principles of Agile project management to deliver faster, more innovative solutions by unleashing your team’s potential.
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the mechanics of how to design and facilitate projects using “pure” Agile Scrum and Lean Kanban techniques. You will also learn the trade-offs of using hybrid techniques such as Lean Startup, Scaled Agile For the Enterprise (SAFe), and Disciplined Agile Development.
We will then go beyond these frameworks to the science and essential principles you’ll need to ensure you get the greatest benefits of Agile Project Management methods: Speed, Innovation, Leadership, and Kaizen (Change for the Better).
After completing this course series, you will be able to clearly explain how Agile techniques address faults in traditional project management techniques, the tradeoffs (benefits and risks) of these approaches, and when it’s best to apply them to maximize value to the organization.
Engineers, managers, designers, writers, creators, and executers of all types will benefit from learning these principles of Agile. Whether you’re delivering a small part of a project or portfolios of large multi-million-dollar government works; these principles scale and apply to all industries to achieve delivery success. This is why companies that are embracing these principles continue to set record earnings and stock prices (e.g. AMZN, APPL, TSLA); and those that ignore them find themselves unable to compete.
- Project Manager jobs are expected to grow by 33% over the next 10 years. (Source: PMI.org)
- Program Project Manager income is $60k to $100k based on industry. (Payscale.com)
- You can earn $10,000 more as an Agile Project Manager. (Payscale.com)
What You'll Learn
- Learn Scrum mechanics and how to translate other Agile frameworks such as SAFe, Disciplined, and LeSS.
- Gain a deep understanding of Agile principles and how to apply them in any industry, with case studies in Software, Aerospace, Finance, and Construction.
- Reduce the risk of project failure by adopting agile results-based controls to close projects more effectively.
- Increase speed using lean/agile work management techniques proven to deliver faster.
- Improve project benefits with innovation and leadership approaches that unlock your team’s potential.
Learn more about Professional Certificate Programs
Created by leading companies and top universities, Professional Certificate programs are a series of in-demand courses designed to develop the critical skills needed for today’s top jobs.
Courses in this Program
- Applied Scrum for Project Management
- Driving Speed through Agile Planning
- Agile Solutions for Greater Innovation
- Agile Leadership Principles
- Agile for Project Control
- Average Length: 4 weeks per course
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Project Management, Engineering
- Institution: University System of Maryland, The University of Maryland, College Park
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $625 USD, now $562.50 USD for the entire program. You save $62.50 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More