Data is at the heart of our digital economy and Data Science has been ranked as the hottest profession of the 21st century. This 5-course Data Science with Python Professional Certificate program is aimed at preparing you for a career in Data Science and Machine Learning.
You will start by learning Python, the most popular language for Data Science. You will then develop skills for Data Analysis and Data Visualization and also get a practical introduction in Machine Learning. Finally, you will apply and demonstrate your knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning with a Capstone Project involving a real-life business problem.
Taught by experts, the focus in this program is on hands-on learning and job readiness. As such you will work with real datasets and will be given no-charge access to tools like Jupyter notebooks in the IBM Cloud. You will utilize popular Python toolkits and libraries such as pandas, numpy, matplotlib, seaborn, folium, scipy, scikitlearn, etc.
Start developing data and analytical skills today and launch your career in Data Science, whether you are new to the job market or already in the workforce and looking to upskill yourself. No prior computer programming experience required.
What you will learn
- Understand Python language basics and apply to data science.
- Practice iterative data science using Jupyter notebooks on IBM Cloud.
- Analyze data using Python libraries like pandas and numpy.
- Create stunning data visualizations with matplotlib, folium and seaborn.
- Build machine learning models using scipy and scikitlearn.
- Demonstrate proficiency in solving real-life data science problems.
- Over 2.5 million jobs in data science and related professions (Burning Glass).
- Python most popular language for data science (KDnuggets).
- Data Science and Analytics professionals have an average starting salary of over $80,000 in the US.
- Expert instruction: 5 skill-building courses
- Self-paced: Progress at your own speed
- 2-4 months: 60 - 99 hours of effort
- For the full program experience: £190 (originally, £211)
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More