Professional Certificate in Accounting
If you want a route into the accountancy profession or need accounting skills at work, this certificate is for you. You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of financial and management accounting and its role in business organisations – including how to prepare accounts and how to use accounting information for decision-making, planning and control. You’ll also explore issues of business law, corporate governance and ethics as they relate to accounting and management.
Key features of the course
- Prepares you for professional accountancy training
- Accredited by a range of professional bodies
- Provides exemption from some qualifying exams
- You may be able to count existing accounting qualifications towards this certificate.
Educational aims The educational aims of this certificate are to:
- understand the role of accounting
- learn how to prepare and use accounting information
- prepare students for professional training.
Teaching, learning and assessment methods
Tutor-marked assignments (TMAs), interactive computer-marked assignments (iCMAs), examination, formative activities/SAQ.
We believe cost shouldn’t be a barrier to achieving your potential. That’s why we work hard to keep the cost of study as low as possible and have a wide range of flexible ways to pay to help spread, or even reduce, the cost. Fees for study commencing in academic year 2014/2015 are:
- Fees are paid on a module-by-module basis – you won't have to pay for the whole of your qualification upfront.
- If like most OU students studying part time, you study an average of 60 credits a year – you’ll study for six years to complete a degree. Our typical fee for 60 credits is £2,632.
- Our current fee is £5,264 – based on 120 credits of study – which is equivalent to a year's full-time study.
- The total cost of your chosen qualification currently starts from £2,632 based on our current fees.
NB: Prices are subject to change.
How long does it take?
- Part time – 1 year
- Time limit – 4 years
Although this certificate does not qualify you as an accountant (for which you need to pass the qualifying examinations of a professional accounting body), it does provides you with the underpinning knowledge and skills that you need to progress to professional training. It may also give you exemption from some professional qualifying exams.
Even if you don’t want to be an accountant, accounting and financial skills are in great demand all over the world. This certificate will help you get ahead in management and financial careers across all sectors.
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification. You will however need to be proficient in English, to an IELTS standard of 6.0. If you are unsure you will be able to take a free English test as part of the registration process.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 29, 2017