Learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application and the terminology used in ICT to advance your professional career.
This introductory program in computer science is designed so that a professional from a field other than computer science and information and communication technologies (financial, administrative, managerial) acquires the basic knowledge in ICT necessary to be able to relate effectively with the computer and telecommunications specialists of your company or other corporations with which you have a relationship, being able to specify requirements, evaluate workloads and monitor results in the field of information and communication technologies in a much more effective way.
Through this Professional Certification program, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application, and familiarize yourself with the terminology used in ICT.
This Professional Certification covers the following thematic areas:
- Information systems and office software in modern corporations: standard office tools, collaboration systems (email, conference, etc.), basic concepts of desktop operating systems, networks, Internet, web browsers, Electronic Data Interchange and business management systems (ERP, CRM, BI, etc.)
- Hardware and systems technology: computers and their components, representation and data processing, computer network equipment, client / server architecture, operating system architecture and wireless computing
- Software Development of Information Systems: software development, systems development, information processing, design and user interface standards, software project management
- Programming and data management concepts: programming and logic languages, object-oriented methods, data types and structures, file types, databases, SQL, web and development technologies, data warehousing and data mining
- Social and ethical implications of ICT: Economic effects, business strategies, ergonomics, privacy, threats and security controls, intellectual property and careers in information technology
- With this program you will understand the fundamentals of Information Technology in business, which will help you in any management position related to them, either in an ICT company or in an ICT department of a corporation.
What you will learn
- How information and communication technology is used in modern organizations.
- An overview of how computers and communication networks work.
- Basic concepts of software development and project management.
- Basic programming concepts.
- The social and ethical implications of ICT.
- Threats and risks, hackers and computer security.
- Concepts that will allow working and interacting effectively with computer people.
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Business applications
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Hardware
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Software Development
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: programming
- ICT fundamentals for business professionals: Cybersecurity and social implications
- Average duration: 3-4 weeks per course.
- Effort: 3-6 hours per week, per course.
- Number of courses: 5 courses in the program
- Topic: Computer Science
- Institution: Universitat Politècnica de Valencia
- Spanish Language
- Video transcriptions: Spanish
- Price (USD): Originally $ 375 USD, now $ 337.50 USD for the entire program. You save $ 37.50 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More