Learn the basics of electric power
This Professional Certification program includes different topics of the modern energy reality, mainly in Latin America, in order to benefit any person interested in energy sustainability issues with special interest in the conversion of engineers to the energy sector and the development of energy specialists. technical profile on issues of energy sustainability.
The different issues of energy sustainability, which could become specialized, were designed to offer valuable and up-to-date information for a broad public interested in the electricity sector.
This Professional Certification program includes the following courses:
Electric power: concepts and basic principles
Through this course the concepts of voltage, current and power in an electrical circuit will be reviewed and explained, through various didactic resources to determine the efficiency in the consumption of electrical energy.
Electric power transmission
Basic concepts of electric power systems will be reviewed, which are related to the generation of electric power to the way it reaches the final consumer. You will enter the electrical substations and transmission lines, so you can know their elements, faults and protections that require. Finally, you will give a brief look at the case of the energy reform in Mexico.
Smart grid: the electrical networks of the future
In this course you will learn how smart networks are an effective and efficient technological alternative when managing electric power networks that require a high quality of energy in their consumption and generation, as well as being able to count on an efficient administration of energy in order to detect failures in the electrical network. In the same way, the need of countries to unify the form of energy administration through intelligent networks is presented and studied.
Smart grid: technical foundations
In this course you will learn the technical basics of a smart grid; the configuration of the lower layers and the way in which intelligent devices, houses and buildings (internet of things) are interconnected to the intelligent network in general.
The online courses of this program are part of project 266632 "Binational Laboratory for the Intelligent Management of Energy Sustainability and Technological Training" funded through the CONACYT SENER Energy Sustainability Fund (S0019201401).
- The program is designed to offer valuable and up-to-date information for a broad public interested in the electrical sector and the conversion of engineers to the energy sector and the development of specialists with a technical profile.
- This certificate will help the student to have a perspective of professional and technical development opportunities in the electrical sector.
What you will learn
- Apply, in an electric circuit, the basic concepts of energy.
- Check the operation of the electrical circuits.
- Analyze the way in which electric power can be transported through the general transmission network.
- Examine the transmission of energy through typical cases, designs and predefined parameters of transmission lines.
- Distinguish the basic characteristics that make up a smart grid in its main stages.
- Analyze the topology of a conventional electrical network and an intelligent network from generation to consumption of energy; so you can understand how an intelligent network is managed with communication, control and remote monitoring systems.
- Apply the theoretical bases of smart electrical networks based on experimental calculations of conventional, wind and solar energy generation; so that you understand the operation of an intelligent network.
- Electric power: concepts and basic principles
- Electric power transmission
- Smart grid: the electrical networks of the future
- Smart grid: technical foundations
- Average duration: 6 months.
- Effort: 4-5 hours per week.
- Number of courses: 4 courses in the program
- Topic: Science, Engineering
- Institution: Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Spanish Language
- Video transcriptions: Spanish
- Price (USD): Originally $ 196 USD, now $ 176.40 USD for the entire program. You save $ 19.60 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More